In our recent root tutorial for LG G4, we showed you exactly how you can easily root your T-Mobile LG G4 running on the latest lollipop firmware. However I noticed many of our readers has some issues while accessing the recovery mode on LG G4. So today I am going to show you the different methods on how you can easily enter Recovery Mode on any variant of the LG G4.
Recovery Mode is one of the most important feature you’ll need most of the time to Wipe & Factory reset or take complete backup of your Android device. If you’ve switched from Samsung then its totally a different combo method for accessing the Recovery Mode.
Instructions: How to enter Recovery Mode
There are actually 3 ways you can use to enter recovery mode on your LG G4. Down below I have explained every method in a great detail.
1. Use Buttons
This method involves using the built-in combo buttons combination to boot into recovery.
- Power off your LG G4
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds.
- Then, simultaneously press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
- Don’t release the buttons until the LG Logo is being displayed.
- Once, the LG Logo is being displayed release the buttons for about 1 second.
- Immediately after that press and hold Power and Volume Down keys pressed once more.
- You should now have the recovery mode menu on your LG G4 screen.
- That’s it, You’ve just successfully booted into recovery mode.
2. Quick Boot app
If you’re having some issues while accessing the recovery menu using the 1st method, don’t worry we’ve the alternative but yet the easiest way where we will be using the 3rd party app from Google Play.
- Open Google Play on your LG G4
- Search for “Quick boot app”.
- Download and Install.
- Run app and select Recovery Mode and it will automatically reboots into recovery menu.
Finally there is one more method but actually I would not recommend it for newbies as it is a bit time consuming to configure the Android SDK on your PC and then use the adb commands eventually booting your LG G4 into Recovery Mode.
I hope you’ve found this step-by-step tutorial useful and have learned, what you’ve come for! Let us know in the comment section below and share your experience.