Today we’re going to root another variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with the model number SM-N9108V running on Android 4.4.4 KitKat VZMU1ANIE firmware. The rooting method we’re going to use is the Chainfire’s XDA cf-auto root, using this you can easily gain root access without any issues as long as you’re running Android KitKat. So without further wasting your time, let’s move on and learn how to root Galaxy note 4 SM-N9108v.
Guidelines and Requirements:
Before we start rooting the Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9108V, there are certain guidelines and requirements you need to know and fulfill in order to safely and successfully get root access.
- Rooting your GN4 voids warranty and trips the Samsung Knox counter.
- Install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Go to Settings menu on your device > Developers options and enable USB Debugging.
- Download CF-auto root package for Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9108V.
- Last but not the least, Carefully read and follow the instructions and proceed at your own risk.
Root Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9108V
- First download the required packages to your PC and unzip the files to a suitable location.
- Run Odin3 v3.07.
- Reboot your Galaxy Note 4 into Download Mode.
- Power off
- Hold down the Volume Down+Menu+Power keys for a while till you see a warning message on your screen.
- Hit the Volume Up key to continue.
- Connect your Note 4 to PC via the USB cable and make sure Odin3 detects your device.
- Click on the ‘PDA’ button and select the tar.md5 rooted kernel file from the unzipped folder.
- Next, Click the ‘Start’ button to flash the cf-root package on Galaxy Note 4 which will ultimately install SuperSU app.
- Wait for a while, Once it completes, Odin3 will notify you via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
- That’s it! Now once your phone reboots, Check that SuperSU has been installed. Open Google Play Store, search for ‘Root Checker’ App, install it and launch to verify to root access.
- Congratulations!! Your Galaxy Note 4 SM-N9108V has successfully been rooted running the Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware.