Today we are going to root the SM-G900S model of Samsung Galaxy S5 using the ChainfireXDA CF-auto-root procedure on Windows. As always method is safe and very easy, just within a few steps you would be able to successfully gain root access on your phone. Without any further delay, let’s move on and get started.
Rooting your phone voids warranty and proceed at your own risk.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- Use this guide only for Samsung Galaxy S5 with the model number SM-G900S.
- Install USB drivers on Kies on your PC.
- During the rooting process make sure that Anti-virus or Kies program is not running in the background, it may interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging from Settings > Developers Options.
- Download CF-Auto package – Galaxy S5 SM900s
- Carefully read and follow the instructions.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900S
- First of all unzip the cf-auto root folder on your desktop. You’ll get the tar.md5 kernel and Odin.
- Turn off your phone and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for about 3 to 4 seconds and release the keys when you see a warning message on the screen. Hit the Volume Up button to continue.
- Run Odin3-v3.07 application from the folder.
- In download mode connect your Galaxy S5 to PC via the USB cable.
- Wait for Odin3 to detect your phone. You’ll see Added!! in the message section.
- Click on the PDA button and from the folder select the tar.md5 image file.
- Click on the START button, to initiate the rooting process for galaxy s5.
- When completed, Odin will give you the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
- To confirm your phone has been rooted successfully, check that SuperSU has been installed. To verify install Root Checker app from Play Store.
- If in case you encounter this error “Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped“, then install SuperSU app from Google Play Store which should fix the issue.
Cheers!! Your phone is now rooted successfully. You can enjoy full root access to your phone. You can also flash custom recovery on Galaxy S5, our dedicated guide can help you to install CWM recovery which lets you to flash Custom ROM, Tweaks, Mods etc. If you found this guide useful, feel free to share and leave feedback in the comment section. For further support and assistance contact us, we shall try our best to help you out. For more rooting guides and tutorials keep visiting.