Yesterday, The international variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 received the official Android KitKat update. Update was confirmed and released in South Korea and Poland. As expected, other regions will soon get the update, however as the updates are released in phases so there is possibility that your has to wait at least a month or two. So if you don’t want to delay any further, then follow this step by step tutorial and learn how to manually flash the official Android 4.4.2 XXDND8 update for Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 GT-N5100, do not flash it on another model, it may brick your device.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
- It can also be applied on a rooted device but you’ll loose root access!! However there is nothing to be worried about this issue, we are soon going to release a rooting guide.
- Install USB drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is already installed, that’s fine.
- From Settings> Developers Options, Enable USB Debugging.
- When updating your device, make sure that Kier or Anti-virus program is not running in the background. Close it from the task manager.
Procedure: How to Install
Step 1: First of all extract the Odin zip file and run the odin.exe on your PC.
Step 2: Now reboot your tablet into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time, till you see a warning message on the screen. Press the Volume Up key to continue.
Step 3: Connect your Galaxy Note 8.0 via the USB cable to the PC.
Step 4: Make sure that Odin3 has detected your device.
Step 5: Also check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked:
Step 6: Finally hit the PDA button and browse the HOME.tar.md5 firmware update file from the folder you’ve unzipped earlier.
Step 7: Click on the START button, to start flashing the Android 4.2.2 firmware.
Step 8: Wait for Odin to flash the firmware update on your Note 8.0. Once completed, Odin3 will notify you via the PASS!! green signal message and your device will reboot automatically.
That’s it folks!! It was all you needed to know and learn in order to safely and successfully update your device. If you have queries or confused at any step, feel free to ask for further support and assistance. For more Android update tutorials keep visiting.