Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 was officially released in the month of February, 2014 with Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat. The 8 inch tablet has amazing specs, Qualcomm Snapdragon 800, Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400, 2GB of RAM, 16/32 GB of built-in memory, Li-Ion 4800 mAh battery and Android OS v4.4 KitKat with TouchWiz UI. Chainfire, the Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer at XDA,has released the CF-Root for Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE SM-T325 which will help you to root your tablet with very ease. CF-Root is one of the easiest and safe way to gain root access on your Android. If you’ve decided to root your device, then follow the step by step instructions down below to gain root access and enjoy full root access to your tablet device.
Rooting your Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE will voids its warranty!! Therefore proceed at your own risk..
Download the Required Files:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE SM-T325 running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware.
- Download CF-Root package from HERE.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from HERE.
- Install USB drivers on your PC, if you haven’t already installed. If Samsung Kies is installed, Its OK!! Otherwise download from HERE.
- On your tablet go to Settings>Developers Options and Enable USB debugging. If you’re unable to locate Developers Options withing Settings, then go to About Device and for about 7 times continuously tap the Build Number.
- Do not skip any step!!
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE SM-T325 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat using CF-Root
Step 1: First download the required packages to your PC and unzip the files to a suitable location.
Step 2: From the extracted folder run Odin3 v3.07.
Step 3: Reboot your Galaxy Tab Pro into ‘Download Mode’ using the steps explained below:
- Power off
- Holds the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons for a few seconds till you see a warning message on the screen.
- Hit the Volume Up key to continue.
Step 4: Connect your tablet to PC via the USB cable and make sure Odin3 recognizes your device.
Step 5: Click on the ‘PDA’ button and select the tar.md5 rooted kernel file from the unzipped folder.
Step 6: Next, Click the ‘Start’ button to flash the cf-root package on your tablet which will install SuperSU app.
Step 7: Wait for a while, Once it completes, Odin3 will notify you via the PASS!! message and your tablet will automatically reboots.
Step 8: That’s it! Now once your phone reboots, Check that SuperSU has been installed. Open Google Play Store, search for ‘Root Checker’ App, install it and launch to verify to root access.
Congratulations!! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 LTE has successfully been rooted on Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Enjoy Root Access and install Apps from Google Play Store which requires root access and If you really want to taste something different, then install Custom Recovery to install Custom ROM to customize and improve the performance of your device.
Definitely thanks to Chainfire for releasing the CF-Root exploit for Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. Leave a feedback in the comment section below and do let us know if you do need further assistance. For more Updates and Rooting Tutorials, keep visiting.