We have already posted a step by step tutorial on how to root Galaxy Tab 3 Lite. Today we are going to learn how to update update it to the latest available firmware update. Obviously we’ll be using the Odin3 Samsung firmware flashing tool, which is used to flash firmware manually, if in case you’re unable to update your device via Kies or OTA Update. The tutorial is simple and does not requires much efforts. You can also use this tutorial to Unroot Galaxy Tab 3 Lite as this is the official stock firmware.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite
- Model: SM-T110
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- PDA: T110XXUANC1
- CSC: T110OJVANA5
- MODEM: T110XXUANC1
- CHANGELIST: 2502582
- BUILD DATE: 04.03.2014
- Region: KSA (Saudi Arabia)
Requirements and Guidelines:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 with USB cable.
- Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked.
- Official Android 4.2.2 T110XXUANC1 Firmware – TeraFile Mirror | RapidGator Mirror
- Odin3 v3.09; Download From HERE
- Before you proceed to update your device, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your device.
- Make sure that you’ve already installed the USB drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed that’s ok, but during the installation process make sure that Kies or Anti-virus program is not running in the background, close it via the task manager.
How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
Step 1: First download the required files (Odin3 and Firmware update) from the links given in the above section.
Step 2: Extract the downloaded files to new folder on your desktop.
Step 3: Turn off your tablet and reboot it into Download Mode, Hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together for a while and release it when you see the warning message on your screen. Further, hit the Volume Up to continue.
Step 4: While in Download Mode connect your tablet to PC via the USB cable. Make sure that Odin3 has detected your device and make sure that Only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked and rest leave the default settings.
Step 5: Finally you’re one step away to flash official firmware update using Odin:
- Click the PA button and select the HOME.tar.md5 file from the extracted folder
Step 6: Now set back and wait for Odin to the update your phone, It will flash the update and when it is completed, you’ll be prompted with a green PASS!! on Odin and during this your Tab 3 Lite will automatically reboot.
Congratulations!! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite has successfully been updated to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. You can now enjoy the latest Android OS on your phone with new and improved features. Do let us know and share your feelings with us and most importantly what improvements have you noticed so far? If you do need further support feel free to ask and we will be happy to assist you. For more updates and tutorials keep visiting.