Surprisingly the international variant of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 has officially received the Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA update in France. It is a good news for all owners of Galaxy Note 2 as they now can officially taste the Android KitKat on their devices. If you’re in France, you definitely should have received the OTA update notification or you can also update your phone via the Samsung Kies. Don’t worry other regions will soon get the OTA update.
However if you’re not from France and want to have the official KitKat update as soon as possible then can manually update your phone to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using Odin. Follow the step by step instructions below to manually update Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Note that by installing the official firmware, you’ll ultimately loose root access. However there is nothing to be worried about the issue as we will soon release the rooting guide.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 with USB cable. Do not flash this update on another variant it may brick your device.
- Download odin3 Samsung ROM flashing tool.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for Galaxy Note 2 – RapidGator | TeraFile Mirror
- Go to Phone Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB debugging.
- Make sure that you’ve already installed Kies or USB drivers on your PC.
- When updating your phone, make sure that any Anti-Virus program or Samsung Kies is not running in the background, it might interrupt the installation process. Close down all programs from the Task Manager.
- Last but not the least, Carefully read and follow the instructions to safely and successfully update your phone.
How to Install Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFND3 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100
Step 1. First unzip the downloaded files on your desktop. Odin3 and XEF-N7100XXUFND3-20140425111035.zip
Step 2. Now run Odin3 application on your phone.
Step 3. In Odin Settings make sure to select the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time only checked and leave the default settings.
Step 4. Turn Off your Galaxy Note 2 and reboot it into Download Mode:
– Press the Volume Down+Home and Power buttons together, until you see a warning message
– Then press the Volume Up key and that’s it.
Step 5. While in Download Mode, Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable.
Step 6. Now make sure that Odin3 detects your phone, The ID:COM port will turn blue or yellow (depends on the Odin version) and you’ll see the Added!! in the message section.
Step 7. Finally we are now ready to flash the Android 4.4.2 XXUFND3 firmware update:
– Click the PDA button and select the tar.md5 update file from the unzipped folder.
– Once selected the correct file, hit the START button.
Step 8. Now wait for the Odin to completely flash the Android 4.4.2 update on your Galaxy Note 2. Once completed, your phone will automatically reboots and Odin3 will also notify you via the PASS!! message. Now you can disconnect your phone.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Enjoy the new KitKat and do not forget to share your experience in the comment section below. For more Android update tutorials keep visiting. Feel free to ask any question or if you do need further support. Do not forget to share it with your friends!! Sharing is caring.