AOKP custom roms are one of the finest roms available for high end android smartphones and tablet devices. As compare to the default stock rom, they are light and are therefore fast in performance as they don’t have bloatware pre-installed and thus it also saves internal storage on your device. Today we’re going learn how to install the AOKP nightly Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom rom on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100. So without wasting any time, let’s move on and get ready to install it. Before you move on, carefully read the guidelines and requirements section so that you’ve a better idea of the installation process.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 rooted with the latest version of Custom Recovery installed. (ClockworkMod or TWRP)
2. Backup your phone data before you proceed further. It is highly recommended that you take Nandroid Backup.
3. Enable USB Debugging from Developers options within phone Settings.
4. Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. At least 70% battery charged is recommended to avoid uncertain shutdown during the flashing process.
5. Last but not the least, Custom ROM do have bugs and some features might not work.
How to Flash Android 4.4.2 AOKP Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
1. First of all, Connect your phone to PC and transfer the downloaded AOKP and GApps zip files to your device.
2. After transferring the files, Disconnect your device and boot it into Recovery Mode. Here is how you can do it;
- Switch Off your Note 2.
- Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
3. Take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. Clear the system cache and factory reset it in order to prepare your phone for new installations.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is ready for the installation of Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select AOKP Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the AOKP ROM is successfully flushed , then use the same method, as in Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file.
7. After you’ve successfully flushed the AOKP and GApps packages, then using the recovery options, Reboot your device.
Congratulations!! You’ve now successfully flushed the Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 2. When booting for the first time, it should take more time in order to initialize apps and features on your phone.