Rooting and Installing Custom ROMs is the beauty of Android Smartphones and Tablet devices, It is in fact true that Rooting does gives you many privileges and also using the built-in tweaks it also enhance the performance of your device. However, there come a place when you want to switch back to stock firmware, well there could be any reasons, like you want to sell your device. Same happened with one of our reader!! A few days ago he asked me on how to Flash Stock ROM on Sony Xperia devices, he was really concerned about this issue so I thought to make a step by step tutorial on it, so that if there is anyone else, who may find this tutorial useful. So let’s move on to start installing stock firmware on Sony Xperia phones.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- You’ll need Sony Xperia Smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader and USB data cable
- Also Download and Install Xperia Flashing Tool/ Emma (Download Link)
- It is recommended that you’ve got good speed of internet connection, which will be needed to download the stock official firmware update.
- Flash at your own risk!!
How to download and Install the Flash Tool?
This part of the tutorial is really important, because once you install and setup the flashing tool correctly, then it would be very easy to install and download the stock firmware safely and successfully. Here is how to install and configure Sony Flashing Tool the right way:
Step 1: First of all, download the Sony Flashing tool from the above given link.
Step 2: After you’ve downloaded, Extract the zip file on your desktop. You’ll get three files:
- customization.ini and
- User Guide
Step 3: Run the Emma_Setup.exe by double clicking it. Wait for the installation process to be completed.
Step 4: Now once it is installed, go to the extract folder and copy the Customization.ini, file to the installation folder:
For Windows 32 bit: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile\Emma\”
For Windows 64 bit: “C:\Program Files\Sony Mobile\Emma\”
Step 5: That’s it!! You can now proceed further to install Stock ROM on your phone.
How to Install Stock Firmware on Sony Xperia Phones Using Flash tool for Xperia™ devices
Step 1: Open the Emma tool.
Step 2: Power off your phone and Connect it to PC via the USB cable while holding the flash key. For your information, flash key varies for different devices:
- Xperia Z1 (C6903) – volume down
- Xperia Tablet Z (SGP321 and SGP311) – volume down
- Xperia go (ST27i) – back
- Xperia neo V (MT11i) – volume down
- Xperia ray (ST18i) – volume down
- Xperia P (LT22i) – volume down
- Xperia ZL (C6503) – volume down
- Xperia Z (C6603) – volume down
- Xperia PLAY (R800i) – back
- Xperia E dual (C1605)– volume down
- Xperia E (C1505) – volume down
- Xperia T (LT30p) – volume down
- Xperia S (LT26i) – volume down
- Xperia arc (LT15i) – back
- Xperia arc S (LT18i) – back
Step 3: Now Emma will automatically detects and recognize your phone model and it will show you the available latest firmware available for your specific device.
Step 4: Select Firmware shown under the “Service” tab and then Click on “Apply service”.
Step 5: That’s it! Wait for Emma to download and install the firmware.
This was all folks!! You needed to learn and know in order to safely and successfully install stock firmware on Sony Mobiles. Hopefully you’ve found it useful and working for your phone. Do let us know and share your feedback in the comment section below. For further Android Tips, Tutorials and News keep visiting us.