Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 was officially released back in January, 2014 with the latest Android OS, 4.4.2 KitKat. So far Tablet has received a good response from the users, I don’t know about yours!! We would like to listen your opinions as well? In this section, We will learn using the step by step rooting instructions on how to root Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 using the CF-Root method. I have been using this rooting procedure and it is definitely the best, easy, safe and quickest way to gain root access on most Android Smartphones. We should be really thankful to Chainfire’s Guys, who has made android rooting much more simpler, which helps you to safely get root access without having to brick your device. No more gupshup!! Let’s move on to get started!
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Rooting your phone will obviously voids its warranty so root at your own risk. But most of the time, it can be restored by installing the official stock ROM.
- You definitely need Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 with USB cable and PC.
- Download and install USB drivers from Here. If Samsung Kies is installed! That’s fine, no need to download drivers.
- Go to Settings>>Developers Options and Enable USB debugging. If you’re unable to find Developers Options, then at the bottom, hit the About device and tap the Build Number for about 8 times, until you’re prompted that it has been enabled.
- Before you proceed for rooting procedure, make sure you’ve got enough battery on your tablet.
- Download Odin3 v3.07 from Here
- Download CF-Root package for Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T520 (Wi-Fi) from Here
- Download CF-Root package for Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 SM-T525 (LTE) from Here
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 1o.1 Using CF-Root
Step 1: Download the required files from the above link. Depending on your device model, make sure you’ve downloaded the correct file.
Step 2: Extract both files Odin3 and CF-Root zip packages on your desktop.
Step 3: Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe by double clicking it.
Step 4: Reboot your Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power button simultaneously at the same time and release it when you see a warning message on your screen. Further hit the Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
Step 5: While in Download Mode, Connect your tablet to PC via the USB cable and it this stage make sure that Odin3 detects your device. The ID:COM port will turn light blue and you’ll also notice Added!! in the message section of Odin.
Step 6: Click on the PDA button and select the tar.md5 rooted kernel file from the files you’ve extracted earlier.
Step 7: After selecting the correct file, Hit the START button to initiate the rooting process for Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.
Step 8: Give it a minute and once it completes your device will reboots and Odin3 will you PASS!! green signal which confirms your tablet has successfully been rooted.
Congratulations!! You’ve just successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using CF-Root. Once your phone reboots normally, check that SuperSU has been installed. To verify root access, Open Google Play Store and install “Root Checker” and Launch it to confirm root access.
That’s it folks, It was indeed a simple rooting procedure, Hopefully you’ve learned and Rooted your Tablet. Do let us know and share your feedback with us. If you do need further support, feel free to ask and will shall try our best to help you as soon as possible. For More Latest Android Rooting Tutorials, keep visiting us.
Troubleshooting: How to Fix “Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped”?
What if you’re experiencing any errors or issues with SuperSU after rooting. Follow the instructions to solve the issue:
- Download and install the latest version of SuperSU from Google Play Store.
- Open SuperSU app (update the binary if prompted) and allow it to disable KNOX
- Reboot your device.
- That’s it!! It should be working fine.