Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 was officially released back in July, 2013 with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and still it runs on 4.2.2, however it has received some minor firmware updates till to date. The 8 inch tablet is great with some awesome specs like 1.5 GHz dual-core Cortex-A9 CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, 2GB of RAM, Exynos Dual chipset. In this section you’ll find a step by step rooting guide, how to safely and successfully gain root access on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Rooting your Android device, gives you freedom and power over your device, as it gives you the full privileges to install apps which requires root, get rid of the stock apps, which are of no use, which ultimately free up the storage on your device, there are mods which improves the performance of your phone and above all you can flash Custom Recovery which helps you install Custom ROM, which gives you an opportunity to test the latest Android OS, just like Android 4.4.2 KitKat and so on as your device has so far only received the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. So if you’ve decided to get root then follow the procedure below.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- You’ll need Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with USB cable and PC.
- Also install USB drivers on PC, if you haven’t already installed. If Samsung Kies is installed that’s fine, otherwise download here.
- Go to Settings and Enable USB Debugging from Developers Options.
- Before you start rooting your tablet, make sure that you’ve got good enough battery charge.
- Last but not the least, Rooting your device will voids it warranty and Root at your own risk.
- Download CF-Root zip package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T310 (Wi-Fi) From Here
- Download CF-Root zip package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T315T From Here
- Download CF-Root zip package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T311 (3G) From Here
- Download CF-Root zip package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 From SM-T315 (LTE) Here
- Download CF-Root zip package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 SM-T312 From Here
- Download the latest version Odin3
Root Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
Step 1: First download the required files specific for you tablet model and unzip the files on your desktop.
Step 3: Turn Off your Tablet and reboot it into Download Mode, Holds the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen. Further hit the Volume Up to continue.
Step 4: Run Odin3 application by double clicking it and connect your device to PC via the USB cable while in download mode.
Step 5: Check that Odin3 has recognized your device and the ID:COM box has turned blue. You should also see Added!! in the message section.
Step 6: Once everything is setup correctly, Click the “PDA” button and select the rooted kernaltar.md5, file and click on the Start button to start rooting Galaxy Tab 3 8.0.
Step 7: The process will complete within a minute or so and when it is completed, Odin3 will notify you via the PASS!! message and your tablet will automatically reboots.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 has successfully been rooted using CF-Root.
Once your tablet reboots normally, check that SuperSU app has been installed, you can further verify root access by installing the “Root Checker” app from Google Play Store, After installing, Launch it to verify root. For latest Android News, Apps, and Tutorials keep visiting us.