The Google Play Edition of LG G Pad 8.3 has already received the Android 4.4.2 Official KitKat update, If I am not wrong it was almost in December 2013. You will always be at an advantage, if you’re having the Google Play edition, as it happened with the HTC One and Galaxy S4 as they received the KitKat update much more earlier than the other variants. However there is a good news for the vanilla variant of LG G Pad 8.3 as the Leaked 4.4.2 KitKat Build has been released and it is expected that in the coming days, it will be officially released. However, If you can’t any further, as you should be still running the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, the follow the step by step instructions, to safely and successfully flash the leaked 4.4.2 build onto your LG G Pad 8.3 v500.
- The Android 4.4.2 .tot file, Download from HERE
- The .dll file, Download from HERE
- You’ll also need the Sony Xperia Flashing Tool, so if you not installed already, Download from HERE. Once installed successfully, Do not run the tool.
- Last but not the least, Download MegaclockDLL file from HERE
How to Flash the Leaked 4.4.2 Build onto Your LG G Pad 8.3
Step 1: First of all download the required files as stated in the above section.
Step 2: Extract the MegaLock.dll zip file, Copy the MegaLock.dll file and replace it with old file, which is located in C:\LG\LGFlashTool.
Step 3: Next, Power off your tablet and connect it USB cord but do not connect it with the PC.
Step 4: Holding the Volume Up/Down keys, and connect it with your PC. Wait for the PC to initialize your device and install the required drivers on your PC.
Step 5: Open Device Manager > Click on the Ports section and do the following:
- Right click LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM2)
- Select Properties further select the Advanced tab
- Change the port # to 41 in the advanced properties tab and close
- Disconnect your Phone from PC
Step 6: Open the LGFlashTool application and select the Manual Mode and do the following steps:
- Click on Add button on S/W field and load the V500 4.4.2 .TOT file
- Then click the .DLL field and add the DLL file.
- Now click the YELLOW ARROW up top.
Step 7: Wait for it to say READY. Once it says Ready plug in your LG G Pad 8.3 again in Download Mode.
Step 8: It will then automatically starting flashing the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update on your device. Once it gets completed you’ll be notified with PASS message.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully updated your LG G Pad 8.3 v500 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Enjoy the latest Android OS on your device. Do let us know and share your feedback in the comment section below. If you do need further support do let us know. For more Update Tutorials keep visiting.