Its again Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S3 international variant, Come on Samsung, we are still expecting and waiting for KitKat, I know you people have been waiting but who knows when they are going to release it. The international variant of Galaxy S3 has recently received Android 4.3 XXUGNA7 firmware update in UAE and Israel and rest I don’t know of the other regions, update would have brought minor updates to stabilize the performance of your device. If you want to have the latest firmware update on your GS3 then follow the step by step manual update tutorial,if in case your region has still not received the update.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S3 (International)
- Model: GT-I9300
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
- Build Date: 21.01.2014
- Changelist: 2454463
- Region: XSG (United Arab Emirates)
Read Before you Update:-
- Manual update tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Do not apply it on another variant, Is that clear?
- Your phone needs to be factory unlocked.
- It is also compatible for rooted users if they want to unroot their Galaxy S3.
- Install USB drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is already installed that is ok, otherwise download here.
- Enable USB debugging from Settings > Developers Options.
- You should good amount of battery charge on your phone before your start the updating procedure.
- Last but not the least proceed at your own risk.
How to Install Official Android 4.3 XXUGNA7 Firmware Update for Samsung Galaxy S3?
1. First of all unzip/extract the Odin and XSG-I9300XXUGNA7-20140206151754.zip files to a new folder on your desktop.
2. Double click on the Odin.exe file.
3. Turn off your phone and boot it into ‘Download Mode’ by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it after you just see a warning message on your screen. Then just hit the Volume Up key and you’re done.
4. Connect your phone to PC using the USB cable and wait for Odin to recognize your device.
5. Next take a look at Odin settings Only Check the ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ and rest leave the default settings.
5. You’re now almost one step away to flash official firmware update on your Galaxy S3 using Odin:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
6. Odin usually takes up to 3 minutes to completely flash the firmware update so have patience and wait once it gets completed, you’ll be given a PASS!! message and your Galaxy S3 will automatically reboot.
Congratulations!! Your phone has successfully been updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware Build XXUGNA7.
That’s it, it was an easy step by step manual update tutorial for Samsung Galaxy S3. Do let us know and share your experience in the comment section below. For more such tutorials and Android Tips stay with us. If you’re having issues or confused at any step, feel free to contact us. Find it useful? Do not forget to share it with your friends using the sharing buttons.