In this section you’ll find a detailed guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy S3 (LTE) to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using Omni ROM which is a custom rom not the official one, I don’t know how longer will you’ve to wait for the official kitkat update, so don’t want to wait anymore? Then use this tutorial to get KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (LTE), However you’ll need to have root access and latest version of ClockworkMod or TWRP custom recovery in order to flash the update. Omni ROMs are perfectly optimized and customized to improve the overall performance of your device, as compare to other they have less numbers of bugs and thus are perfect to be used. Lets move on and learn how to flash Omni ROM on Galaxy S3.
- Update procedure is only for Samsung Galaxy S III (LTE i9305), do not try to apply these files on another variant it may brick your device.
- You’ll need rooted lte galaxy s2 with custom recovery installed. i.e CWM/TWRP both are compatible but make sure you’ve installed the latest version.
- Perform backup of your data stored on your device internal storage, as during the update process you’ll have to format your phone.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings> Developers Options.
- Before you start updating your phone, check that you’ve got enough battery charge.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
How to Flash Omni ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat Nightly Build on Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE
1. First of all, connect your phone to PC via the USB cable and without extracting/unzipping move the downloaded files into your device SD Card.
2. Disconnect your phone from PC and Reboot Galaxy S3 into recovery mode:
-Power Off your phone.
– Press and hold the Volume UP + Home + Power buttons all together for a few seconds, until you see the Recovery Options menu.
4. This step is highly recommended and you should perform Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that if you later decided to switch back or restore to the current (installed) version, it will help you to restore easily without any hassle.
You May Also Read – How to Perform Nandroid Backup and Restore
5. Next, take the following steps using the Recovery Options to prepare your phone for update:
– Format/Wipe Data
– Now then select the “Cache Partition” to delete the existing data
– And also delete the “Dalvik cache” from the advance section.
6. Finally, choose the “install zip from SD card” from Recovery main menu and browse the directory, where you’ve placed the Omni ROM zip file. Confirm to flash.
7. When Omni ROM is installed, then apply same method to flash GApps package, which will install Google Apps on your phone.
8. Lastly, when all the steps are successfully completed, head over to main menu and reboot your GS3 using the “Reboot” or “Reboot System Now” option.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using the Omni ROM nightly build.
That’s it folks, It was a simple update tutorial, hopefully you’ve now learned how to update your phone using custom rom, if you’re still confused or have queries feel free to ask in the comment section and we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible. If you find this tutorial useful, do not forget to hit the like or share button to spread our word. Enjoy!!