CyanogenMod are one of the best quality, highly customized and fast performance optimized custom roms available for many android phones and tablets devices. In fact, many of the custom roms are based on CyanogenMod. Today, we will guide you, how to update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using the CyanogenMod 11 Nightly build. Read the requirements section carefully.
- AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3
- Already rooted with latest Custom Recovery installed, i.e CWM/TWRP both are compatible
- Backup everything stored on the internal storage of your device, Best Backup Apps for Android.
- Minimum 60% battery charge will be required to complete the update process safely
- Proceed at your own risk.
How to Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using the CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Custom ROM
1. Connect your phone to PC and without unzipping transfer the download files to your Sd Card.
2. Reboot your Galaxy S3 into Custom Recovery mode, Holds the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously till you see the recovery menu on your screen.
3. The first highly recommended task is to take Nandroid Backup, It will later help you restore back to your existing ROM if for any reasons you want to switch back.
4. I assume that you’ve successfully taken the Nandroid Backup. Next the perform the following actions using the Recovery Options on your phone to prepare your phone for new installations:
– Wipe cache partition
– Select the advance option and choose wipe dalvick cache.
– Return to main menu of recovery.
5. Select the ‘install zip from SD card’ option and then select the zip from the location where you put in the download folders. Select the Android 4.4.2 KK update zip file and Confirm to flash it.
6. Once it is successfully flushed, then apply the same step to install the GApps zip package which will install Google Apps.
7. Finally head over to the main recovery menu and Reboot your phone by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option.
Congratulations! Your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 has successfully been updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using the CM11 Nightly Build.
That’s it folks, Enjoy the latest Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat on your Galaxy s3 without having to wait for the official update. By now you should have learned How to Flash Custom ROM on Android. Do let us know and share your feedback in the comment section below. If you do need further support feel free to contact us and we will help you to resolve your issues. Do not forget to visit us back for Android related stories and Guides.