Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 recently received a software update and we also showed on how to manually update your Galaxy S3 to XXUGNA5 using Odin. If you’ve installed the same build which is XXUGNA5 then follow the step by step tutorial to get root access and start enjoying root apps on your device. We will be using the CF-Root package to install SuperSU on your Galaxy S3, Chainfire’s packages are easy way to safely get root access and are available for almost every android mobile and tablet.
- Rooting your device will voids its warranty, so think before you ink and as stated above this method only applies for Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 XXUGNA5 Android 4.3.
- Rooting does not wipe or erases data stored on your device but it is a good habit to Backup your data before you make any customization to your device OS.
- Go to Settings App > Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Hopefully you’ve already installed USB Drivers or Samsung Kies on your PC.
- Before you proceed for the rooting process, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your device.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
Things You’ll need:
Procedure: How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNA5 Firmware
Step 1: Unzip the downloaded files on your desktop.
Step 3: Reboot your Galaxy S3 into ‘Download Mode’ by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time till you see a warning message on your screen. You’ll be asked to hit the Volume Up to continue into download mode.
Step 4: Once in the Download Mode, Run the Odin3-v3.07 and Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable.
Step 5: Make sure that Odin has recognized your device and the ID:COM port is yellow or blue. You should also notice Added!! in the message section, which confirms that it has successfully made connection with Odin.
Step 6: Finally, Hit the ‘PDA’ button and browse the rooted kernal CF-Root-SGS3-v6.4.tar, file and click on the ‘Start’ button to begin the rooting process.
Step 7: The process will complete in a few seconds and once it is done, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message and during this your device will automatically reboots.
Step 8: Congrats!! Your Galaxy S3 has been successfully rooted. Check that SuperSU has been installed and to Verify Root Access:
– Open Google Play Store App and search for ‘Root Checker‘ App.
– Install and launch it to verify root access.
– Congrats!! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 has successfully been rooted!!
It was an easy step by step root tutorial, Hopefully this has worked for your GS3. Do let us know in the comment section and share your experience in the comment section below. If in case you need further support feel free to ask. Find it useful? Well, give us a favor using the below sharing buttons. For More Tutorials and Updates, Do not forget to visit us back.