Since 2011 Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) has been involved in making the best Android Custom OS and so far they have been successful to make a perfect rom for high end Android Smartphones. They are just awesome as compare to the stock android os distributed by manufacturers in terms of performance, customization and features. Today, we’ll be learning using step by step instructions on how to install AOPK Android 4.4.2 KK Nightly on your Sprint HTC One. Flashing a custom rom is really simple but you’ll root access and custom recovery. Before you proceed it is recommended that you first read the guidelines and requirements, which will help you to safely and successfully install it.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- Rooted HTC One Sprint (m7spr) with the latest version of CWM orTWRP Recovery installed.
- AOKP Android 4.4.2 KK Nightly (Download Link)
- GApps for Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM
- Take Nandroid Backup of your ROM using Recovery (Learn Here)
- More than 50% battery charge would be required
- Flash at your own risk.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 KitKat on Sprint HTC One Using AOKP Custom ROM
1. First of all download the required files from the above links and then connect your HTC One to PC via the USB cable and without unzipping the downloaded files move it to the root storage of your internal/external storage.
2. Disconnect your phone and Reboot it into Custom Recovery Mode, Holds the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together simultaneously for about 6 to 8 seconds.
3. First I would recommend you to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that you have a Restore point, if in case you later decide to switch back to your current ROM and Settings, it will help you to restore easily without any issues.
4. Use the recovery options to prepare your phone for Custom ROM installation, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select ‘Yes’
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Next navigate to the option “Install Zip from SD card” and “Choose zip from SD card” or whatever location you’ve placed your files.
6. Browse the .zip file of the AOKP and confirm the options install it.
7. Once that is flushed successfully, Repeat the same process to flash the GApps zip package also.
8. Once all the steps completes successfully, navigate back to the main recovery menu and Reboot your phone using the ‘Reboot system now’ or ‘Reboot’.
Congratulations!! You’ve successfully installed AOKP KK ROM on your Sprint HTC One. Just wait for your phone to boot normally, you should be running AOKP Android 4.4.2 on your phone.
How easy it was to install a Custom ROM using the Custom Recovery. Hopefully you’ve learned how to safely and successfully install it on your Sprint HTC One. Do let us know and share your precious feedback with us in the comment section down below, and feel free to ask if you’re having issues during the installations or confused at any step, we’ll try our best to sort out your problems as soon as possible. Take care and Enjoy the new features and customized android experience.