Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus gt-i9105p has got official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA update, many of you probably would have received and updated their devices. However there might be some of you, who still haven’t received the update notification or may have issues with the update, so you’ll have to flash it manually. Update has brought many improvements and bug fixes and for sure will optimize the overall performance of your device. Follow the complete tutorial to safely and successfully update your device.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Update tutorial is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus. Do not try it on another variant it may brick your device.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. This guide can also be used to unroot /update your rooted GS2 Plus, but eventually you’ll loose root access.
- It is recommended to take Backup of your data stored on your internal storage, before you proceed for the manual installation process.
- Go to Phone Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- You’ll first need to install USB Drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed then that is ok or else download from Here.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
Updating Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware XXUBMI3 Using Odin
Step 1. First of all extract files on your desktop. You will get the Odin and tar.md5 update file.
Step 2. Now Reboot Galaxy S2 into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down+Home+Power all together for a few seconds and release the buttons when you see a warning message, after that hit the Volume Up key.
Step 3. Run Odin.
Step 4. Next, connect your phone to PC via the USB data cable, Make sure that you’ve installed usb drivers.
Step 5. Check that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
Step 6. Finally hit the PDA button and select the tar.md5 update file and then Click on the START button to flash the firmware update for Galaxy S2 Plus.
Step 7. Wait for Odin, it can take up to 2 minutes and when it is successfully done, it will notify you via the PASS!! message and your device will automatically reboots.
Step 8. For the first time, it will take some time to boot normally.
That’s it folks, I hope that you would have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-i9105P to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Do let us know in the comment section about the new features that you’ve experienced. It was an easy update tutorial in the end, However, if you’re still confused or have issues feel free to ask for further support. For More Updates and Tutorials, Do not forget to visit us back.