The Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite variant GT-I9060 has officially received the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUANA2 Firmware OTA Update recently in the regions of Netherlands, Austria, Turkey, UK and Spain. If unfortunately you’re the one still waiting for the notifications or having issues in installing the latest jelly bean update using OTA or Samsung Kies, then no worries! Follow this step by step tutorial and learn how you can easily update your phone to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Using Odin. Installing the new update will definitely improves the over all performance of your device operating system in terms of speed, security and user experience. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and update your Galaxy Grand Lite.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite
- Model: GT-I9060
- OS: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
- Build Date: 05.01.2014
- Changelist: 2393213
- Region: PHN (Netherlands)
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Use this update Guide only for Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite (GT-i9060).
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. It is compatible for both users: Rooted and Non-Rooted. However You’ll loose root access.
- You’ll need to install USB Drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed that’s fine, otherwise Download From Here.
- Go to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Before you start updating your Galaxy Grand Lite to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, Check your phone battery status and be sure that it is enough for the installation process.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
How to flash the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUANA2 firmware for Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite I9060
Step 1. First of all extract the PHN-I9060XXUANA2-20140118101908.zip on your desktop.
Step 2. Hopefully by now you’ve successfully installed USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 3. Unzip the Odin file and double click to launch it.
Step 4. Now, Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen.
– Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
Step 5. Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable, check that Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn yellow or blue depending on the version of Odin you’re using. You’ll also notice Added!! in the Message section of Odin.
Step 6. Only check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and rest leave the default Odin settings.
Step 7. Select the following files in Odin from the unzipped firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
Step 8. After selecting the files correctly hit the START button to start flashing the Android 4.2.2 XXUCNA2 firmware update on your phone.
Step 9. It will not take more than 3 to 4 minutes, depending on your PC and device. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the successful message, which PASS!!.
That’s it folks! You’ve successfully learned how to manually install the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update XXUANA2 OS on Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite device. Do let us and share your experience in the comment section below, if you do need further support or have queries feel free to contact us. For Updates Tutorials stay tuned to the Android Central US.