Last month, Verizon pushed an OTA Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware update for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and by now hopefully most of you would have received and updated your device. Your next move probably would to gain root access in order to have full access to your device. Unfortunately, Verizon does not give these privileges to their customers easily, they have to struggle with these issues but don’t worry folks, there is always a way out and the guy at xda, k1mu, has released a script or you can call it rooting tool, which helps you to easily gain root access on your Verizon GN2. Follow the complete step by step tutorial to safely and successfully root your galaxy note 2 sch-i605 using saferoot method.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Rooting procedure is only compatible with Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SCH-i605 running on Android 4.3 VRUMJ9 Firmware, so if you’ve got the same, go ahead and root your device.
- Rooting your phone will voids its manufacturer warranty and hopefully you’re comfortable with that?
- Go to Settings and Enable USB Debugging from Developers Options.
- USB Drivers must be installed on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed that’s fine or else Download from Here.
- Before proceeding for the rooting process, check your battery status and make sure that it is enough for the session.
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk. The root method has already been tested and is confirmed to be working like a charm, without any errors.
How to Root Verizon Galaxy Note 2 on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean VRUMJ9 Firmware Using Saferoot
Step 1. First you need to download the root exploit for Verizon Galaxy Note 2. Unzip the folder on your desktop.
Step 2. Make sure that you’ve installed the USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 3. Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to PC via the USB Cable.
Step 4. Double click on the install.bat file to start the rooting process. You will now see the command window on your screen:
Note – Please carefully read and follow the on screen instructions, if you really wanna to be on a safer side!!
Step 4. Next, Press any on your keyboard to continue and it will then automatically run the script which will automatically install SuperSU on your phone.
Step 5. Once the process gets completed, Your phone will automatically reboots.
Step 6. Congrats! Your phone is now successfully rooted. To make sure it has been successfully rooted, check that SuperSU has been installed and You can also install ‘Root Checker‘ from Google Play Store and Run it to Verify Root Access.
That’s it! It was all you needed to learn in order to safely get root access on your Verizon Galaxy Note 2 running on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Hopefully things went smooth and successful for you, do let us know in the comment section and share your experience. You can also follow the discussion at official thread @ xda Find it useful? Give us a favor by sharing our content using the below social sharing buttons.
Can it root the latest Galaxy Note like Samsung Galaxy Note 5? My younger has this phone and she wanted to root it.