XDA recognized developer, DooMLoRD has released a working root method for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact. It has been tested and confirmed to working. In this section we’ll guide you using the step by step instructions on how you can easily use this method to install ClockworkMod (CWM) custom recovery and root your phone. Tutorial is really simple, first we’ll flash the recovery image file using the fastboot commands and then we will use the recovery to flash SuperSU App.
- This rooting tutorial instructions are only for Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, so therefore do not apply this on another variant/device, it can brick your device.
- Rooting your Sony xperia z1 compact will voids its manufacturer’s warranty.
- Go to Settings> Developers options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Make sure you’ve installed the USB drivers on your PC, if not download it from the official Sony developers site.
- If bootloader is not already unlocked, then head over to official Sony Unlocking Bootloader for Xperia Z1 Compact.
- Before you proceed for rooting process, make sure it has enough battery charge.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
Procedure: Install ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery on Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Step 1: First of all create a new folder and extract the fastboot files in it.
Step 2: Now copy and paste the rooted kernal image file to the folder where you’ve placed the fastboot files.
Step 3: It is recommended that you rename the kernel file to boot.img to make the process more simple and easier.
Your files should now look like this:
Step 4: Finally turn off your phone and boot it into Fastboot mode by pressing and holding the volume up key and connect it to your PC via the USB Cable.
Step 5: In the folder, Hold the Shift key, and right click and choose the option “open command window here”.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
Step 7: Once it completes, Reboot your phone by typing the following command:
Step 8: That’s it!! CWM Recovery has successfully been installed. Read the further instructions below to to get Root access.
Procedure: How to Root Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Step 1: Copy the SuperSU zip file to your sd card/device internal storage.
Step 2: Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery mode by entering the following command in the prompt window:
adb reboot recovery
Step 3: In the Recovery menu choose the install zip > choose zip from sd card and then select the SuperSU file you have copied earlier.
Step 4: Wait for the flashing process, once it completes, head back to the main menu and Reboot your phone using option, “Reboot system now”.
Congrats! Your Sony Xperia Z1 has successfully been rooted. Now you can enjoy and install Apps from Google Play Store, which requires root access and as you’ve also installed Custom Recovery then you can install any Custom ROM available for your device. We always try our best to make each step as simple as possible so that our readers are able to safely and successfully root their devices, Hopefully the rooting method went successful for you, do not forget to leave a feedback in the comment section below.