After the release of Android 4.4 KitKat, Samsung started to release the Android 4.3 OTA update for a number of devices, including AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2. It has officially received Android 4.3 UCUBMK6 Firmware and most of you would have updated their devices. For those of you, who are running this build can easily root their device using the CF-Root. CF-Root is the easiest and perfect way to gain root access on any android device. Follow the complete step by step tutorial below and safely and successfully go through all the steps.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This Root tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 AT&T variant running on the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean UCUBMK6 Firmware. So before you proceed go to Settings> About Device and double check that you’re running the same.
- Rooting your device will voids its warranty, so think before you ink.
- Although this process does not wipe or erases data stored on your device but it is a good habit to Backup your data.
- Go to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging on your Note 2. If you’re unable to find the Developers Options then tap down in the Settings tab and Find About Device and tap the Build Number for about 7 times.
- Hopefully you’ve already installed USB Drivers or Samsung Kies on your PC.
- Before you proceed for the rooting process, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your device.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
How to Root AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-I317 on Android 4.3 UCUBMK6 Firmware Using CF-Root
Step 1. First of all, download CF-Root package for AT&T Galaxy Note 2.
Step 2. Now extract the downloaded file on your desktop.
Step 3. Next, Reboot your phone into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons at the same time till you see a warning message on your screen. You’ll be asked to hit the Volume Up to continue into download mode.
Step 4. Once in the Download Mode, Run the Odin3-v1.85.exe and Connect your Galaxy Note 2 to PC via the USB Cable.
Step 5. At this point make sure that Odin has recognized your device and the ID:COM port is yellow or blue. You should also notice Added!! in the message section, which confirms that it has successfully made connection with Odin.
Step 6. Finally, Hit the PDA button and browse the CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar.md5, file and Click on the Start button to begin the rooting process.
Step 7. The process will complete in a few seconds and once it is done, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message and during this your device will automatically reboots.
Step 8. Congrats!! Your AT&T Galaxy Note 2 has been successfully Rooted. Check that SuperSU has been installed and to Verify Root Access, Open Google Play Store and search for ‘Root Checker‘ App. Install and Run it.
That’s it folks, It was an easy step by step root tutorial, Hopefully this has worked for your Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317. Do let us know in the comment section and share your experience in the comment section below. If in case you need further support feel free to ask. Find it useful? Well, give us a favor using the below sharing buttons. For More Tutorials and Updates, Do not forget to visit us back.