In this section you’ll find a detailed step by step guide on how to flash AOKP KitKat custom ROM and update your Oppo N1 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. AOKP Custom ROMs are perfect, highly customized and are almost bugs free you can give a try on your phone and definitely you’ll feel the difference. Now in order to flash a custom rom you’ll be required to have first root access and custom recovery i.e CWM or TWRP will work but make sure you have installed the latest version.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This Guide is specifically for Oppo N1. Do not apply it on another device, it will not work and the chances are that you’ll end up bricking your phone!!
- You’ll need to have Root access and Custom Recovery should be already installed. Both Clockworkmod and TWRP are compatible but make you’re running the latest version.
- Backup your important data if you really do have on your phone memory.
- On your phone navigate to Menu>Settings>Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Another important step, Before starting the update process, double check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Flash AOKP Android 4.4.2 KitKat Custom ROM Firmware on Oppo N1
1. Connect your phone PC via the USB cable and transfer the 4.4 kitkat update and GApps files to the root storage of your internal or external memory.
2. Now disconnect your phone from PC.
3. Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode:
– Power Off your phone first.
– Now Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same for a few seconds and leave them when you see the Recovery Options Menu on your screen.
4. Nandroid Backup as really important and I have also recommended it in the guidelines sections and Hopefully you’ve taken backup.
You might also like to read: Nandroid Backup – How to perform and Restore?
5. Once Nandroid Backup is taken successfully, Now take the following actions to prepare your system for new installations:
– Select Wipe data/Factory Reset
– Then Wipe Cache Partition
– Select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
6. At last, your Oppo N1 is now ready to be updated to AOKP Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
– Select the ‘Install‘ or ‘Install Zip from Sd card‘
– Browse and select the AOKP Android 4.4.2 KitKat update file and confirm to flash.
7. Once the update file is completely flushed, then using the same method Flash the GApps zip package which will ultimately install the Google Apps on your phone.
8. Finally, we all steps are completed successfully, navigate back to main menu and select the ‘Reboot‘ or ‘Reboot System Now‘ option.
That’s it folks, You’ve successfully updated your Oppo N1 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using the AOKP Custom ROM. Now you can enjoy the new features of KitKat, do let us know and share you experience. It was an easy update tutorial for Oppo N1, Hopefully things went right for you or if any case you are still confused or having issues in the installation process, feel free to leave a comment down below and we’ll try our best to resolve your issue. For more updates and tutorials, stay tuned to AndroidCentral.Us