Samsung Galaxy line users are undoubtedly waiting for the KitKat Update and yesterday we received a good news as Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 has officially released the testing Android 4.2.2 KitKat XXUFNA1 Firmware. Thanks to the sammobile guy, who has managed to port it for your device. It has been tested and is confirmed to be fine and running smooth on the Galaxy S4. For those of you, who were waiting for the update, can now update their devices. Follow the step by step complete update tutorial to safely and successfully Flash it on your phone using Odin.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Update Guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505, therefore do not apply this update on another variant of Galaxy S4.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. It is compatible for both users: Rooted and Non-Rooted. However You’ll loose root access but there is nothing to be worried about that, We’re soon going to release a tutorial for that 😛
- Make sure that you’ve installed USB Drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed that is ok, otherwise Download From Here.
- Go to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
- Before you start updating your Galaxy S4 to Android 4.2.2 KitKat, Check your phone battery status.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk. Firmware has been tested and is confirmed to be working fine.
- Download Android 4.4.2. KitKat leaked XXUFNA1 Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505.
- Click Here to Download Odin.
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using the Official Leaked Firmware
Step 1. First of all extract the I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip on your desktop.
Step 2. I assume that you’ve successfully installed USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 3. Also unzip the Odin file and Run it.
Step 4. Next, Reboot your Samsung Galaxy S4 into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen.
– Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
Step 5. Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable, check that Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn yellow or blue depending on the version of Odin you’re using. You’ll also notice Added!! in the Message section of Odin.
Step 6. Only check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and rest leave the default Odin settings.
Step 7. Hit the PDA Button and browse the I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 file from the unzipped folder.
Step 8. After selecting the files correctly hit the START button to start flashing the Android 4.4.2 firmware update on your phone.
Step 9. It will not take more than 3 to 4 minutes, depending on your PC and device. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the successful message, which PASS!!.
Congrats! Your Galaxy S4 has successfully been Updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Enjoy the new Features of KitKat and do not forget to share your experience with us. If you do need further support, feel free to ask and we shall try our best to respond as quickly as possible. Find it Useful? Give a favor using the below buttons and share it with your friends. For More Updates and Tutorials do not forget to visit us back.