Sprint LG Optimus G, currently runs the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean but if you’ve got Root Access and Custom Recovery Installed, you can easily flash the latest Custom ROMs, i.e CyanogenMod 11. Follow the below step by step tutorial, in order to safely and successfully update it to KitKat using the CM11 Nightly Build.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This update guide is only meant for Sprint LG Optimus G, therefore do not try to use this guide to update another variant of Optimus G.
- You’ll need to have Root Access as well as Custom Recovery installed. It works with both ClockworkMod or TWRP but make sure that you’re running the latest version.
- Backup your important data stored on the internal storage of your phone.
- Head over to phone Settings> Developer Options> and Enable USB Debugging.
- Before proceeding for the process make sure that you’ve got good enough battery charge on your phone.
- Warning!! Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
- Click Here to Download CyanogenMod11 Nightly Build For Sprint LG Optimus G.
- Click Here to Download GApps package for Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROMs.
How to Update Sprint LG Optimus G to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Build
Step 1. Connect your phone to PC and move the CM11 and GApps zip packages to the internal or external storage of your phone.
Step 2. When all files are successfully moved, then disconnect your phone.
Step 3. Next, Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode, by pressing and holding the Volume Up & Power until fastboot screen appears, then press Volume Down twice, then press Power to boot recovery.
Step 4. It is extremely important to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, as it will create a restore point for you, if in any case you don’t like the ROM after the installations or you’re failed to successfully flash it, it will help you to restore back to your current ROM and settings.
Step 5. Once booted into the Recovery Mode, Now prepare your phone for new installations by taking the following actions using the Custom Recovery options.
Step 6. Finally your phone is now ready to be updated:
– Select the option ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to the directory, where you’ve placed the CM11 and GApps zip packages.
– From there just select the CM11 file and confirm it to flash.
Step 7. As the CM11 is successfully flushed, use the same method (step 6), to flash the GApps package which will install the Google Apps, i.e Google Search, Google Play Store and so on.
Step 8. After successfully flashing both files, Head back to the Main Menu and Select the Reboot or Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
That’s it folks, it was all you needed to know and learn in order to safely and successfully update your LG Optimus G to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the Custom ROM. Hopefully you’ve learned and successfully updated your phone, do let us know in the comment section and share your experience with us. If in any case you still have issues or queries, feel free to ask for further support. For More Updates, Guides and Android related stuff, do not forget to visit us back.