Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini is another great Android Smartphone with great specs like dual-core ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8420 processor clocked at 1 GHz with 1 GB of RAM, up to 16 GB of storage, a Super AMOLED display, a 5 MP camera, and a 1500 mAh battery. As its name suggests it is the Mini Version of Galaxy S3. As by the trends, Android 4.4 KitKat is the latest and new standard of Android OS and so far a number of devices have got the official update. Recently there have been rumors that it will get the update in the April of 2014 and I personally believe that is really a long journey, so definitely you won’t be able to taste Official KitKat on your GS3 Mini. However if you’ve got the Root access and also Custom Recovery is installed, then you’re more likely to taste it using the CyanogenMod 11 Custom Build, which is obviously based on Android 4.4. Follow the instructions down below to learn, How to safely and successfully flash the CyanogenMod 11 on Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190).
1. Guide and Custom ROM update is only for GS3 Mini, Do not try to update another variant of Galaxy S3 using this update.
2. Before go further, Make sure you’ve already got Root Access on your phone and Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP) is already installed.
3. Installing a new Custom ROM will definitely wipe and erase all data on your phone memory, it is therefore recommended to Backup your important data as well as take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM.
Learn More about Nandroid Backup Here
4. Installation process will obviously take some time and it will also requires battery charge, therefore I recommend you to have at least 70% battery charge on your phone, otherwise you may get into trouble.
5. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk. Note that this Custom ROM has already been tested on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and is confirmed to be working perfectly, only you have to do is follow the exact instructions and do not skip any step, if you really want to on a safe side.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM.
Instructions – How to Flash CyanogenMod 11 on Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
1. Connect your phone PC via the USB Cable and Transfer the 4.4 kitkat update (CM11) and GApps files to the root storage of your internal or external memory. (Do not extract the zip files)
2. Now Disconnect your phone from PC.
3. Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode:
– Power Off your phone first.
– Now Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same for a few seconds and leave them when you see the Recovery Options Menu on your screen.
4. Nandroid Backup as really important and I have also recommended it in the guidelines sections and Hopefully you’ve taken backup. If you don’t know how to do it, there is link given above in the guidelines section.
5. Once Nandroid Backup is taken successfully, Now take the following actions to prepare your system for new installations:
– Select Wipe data/Factory Reset
– Then Wipe Cache Partition
– Select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
6. At last, your phone is now ready to be updated with CyanogenMod 11:
– Select the ‘Install‘ or ‘Install Zip from Sd card‘
– Browse and select the CyanogenMod 11 update file and confirm to flash.
7. Once the update file is completely flushed, then using the same method Flash the GApps zip package which will ultimately install the Google Apps on your phone.
8. Finally, we all steps are completed successfully, navigate back to main menu and select the ‘Reboot‘ or ‘Reboot System Now‘ option.’
Now wait for your phone to boot normally, Note that , for the first time, it may take longer to boot than normal but that is nothing to be worried about. So that’s it folks, it was all you need to do in order to update your Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190) to Android 4.4 KitKat using a Custom ROM. Hopefully things went good for you and you’re enjoying the Android 4.4 KitKat. Do let us know about your experience and also if you need further support or confused at any step, we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible.