Android 4.3 is still the standard of Android OS for several Android Smartphones. Now the stable version of Android 4.3 Custom ROM is now available for more devices, stable versions are bugs free and can perform well as compare to the nightly or the Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROMs. CyanogenMod 10.2 stable can now be installed on T-Mobile LG G2, Follow the instructions down below, if you really want a bugs free, highly customized and optimized Custom ROM.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Guide is only applicable on LG G2 (T-Mobile), Do not try to update another variant of G2 using this packages, otherwise you may end up bricking your phone.
- You’ll need to have Root Access and Custom Recovery Installed before you go for the update process. (It is compatible with both ClockworkMod and TWRP)
- It is highly recommended to Backup your data as well as take the Nandroid Backup using Custom Recovery. You can Learn more about Nandroid Backup Here.
- On your phone navigate to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging
- It is always a good habit to check your Battery Charge status before you go for the update process, at least 70% charge is recommended.
- Warning!! Proceed at your own risk.
- Click Here to Download Stable CyanogenMod 10.2 For LG G2.
- Click Here to Download Gapps package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update T-Mobile LG G2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Stable CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM Firmware
1. Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable and transfer the downloaded files to the root storage of your internal or external.
2. When files are transferred successfully, Disconnect your phone from PC.
3. Now Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Power, when the LG logo appears release and press them again, then press the Power button three times.
4. Once in the Recovery, As I have earlier mentioned in the guidelines section, Nandroid Backup, so I assume that you’ve taken it, in order to make your life easy, if in any case you may want to switch back to your current ROM and settings.
5. Now its time to prepare your phone for new Custom ROM installations by taking the following steps:
– Select Wipe data/Factory Reset
– Then Wipe Cache Partition
– Select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
6. You’re almost ready, Now select the ‘Install‘ or ‘Install Zip from Sd card‘ and browse the CyanogenMod zip package and confirm to flash it.
7. Once it gets completed, now its time to flash the GApps package, which will install the Google Apps on your LG G2. Use the same method as you did in step 6.
8. After that, head over to main recovery menu and using the Reboot or Reboot system now option, Reboot your phone.
That’s it folks, By the end of this tutorial, you should know, How to update your Rooted LG G2 Using Custom ROM. Hopefully you’ve attempted successfully and you’re now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your LG G2. If in any case, you have queries or confused at any step, do let us know in the comment section for further support. For More Updates and Tutorials related Android, Do not forget to visit us back.