HTC Desire S is now an old Android HTC Smartphone which by default should be running on Android ICS 4.0 Firmware. Usually these kind smartphones, these days do not get any update from the company and we all should be thankful to developers who are making it possible for such devices to be updated with the latest version of Android OS. Follow the step by step Custom ROM installation tutorial to safely and successfully update your HTC Desire S.
Guidelines and Requirements:
Before you proceed further there are certain requirements and guidelines you need to adhere and follow in order to successfully go through all the steps and update your phone.
1. This manual update guide is only for HTC Desire S.
2. Make sure your device is already rooted and you have installed Custom Recovery. (ClockworkMod or TWRP)
3. It is recommended that you Backup your data.
4. Another important point, you must create a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM using the ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
5. Make sure you’ve installed the USB Drivers on your PC, if not then download it from the HTC Official website.
6. Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging mode.
7. Before proceeding to update your HTC Desire S, make sure you’ve at least 70% charge on your device.
8. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Carbon Android 4.3.1 ROM for HTC Desire S.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update HTC Desire S to Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean Using Carbon Custom ROM
1. First of all, without extracting both (Downloaded files) transfer these files from your computer to Phone Sd Card.
Hopefully files are successfully transferred!!
2. Now you Reboot your Desire S into Custom Recovery mode.
3. As I have earlier explained in the guidelines section, you need to take the Nandroid Backup, which is really important using the Recovery option.
4. I assume that you’ve taken the Nandroid Backup. Now do the following things using the Recovery Options on your phone:
- Wipe cache partition
- Select the advance option and choose wipe dalvick cache.
- Return to main menu of recovery.
5. Select the ‘install zip from SD card’ option and then select the zip from the location where you put in the download folders. Select the Android 4.3.1 JB update (Carbon ROM) file and Confirm to flash it.
6. When it the Custom ROM is successfully flushed, then do the same method to install the Google Apps package.
7. Finally when you completed all the steps, go back to the main recovery and Reboot your phone by selecting the ‘reboot system now’ option.
That’s it folks, Now Enjoy the classic flavor of Android 4.3.1 Jelly Bean on your HTC Desire S. It was all you needed to learn, How to Flash Custom ROM on HTC Desire S, though it was not that much difficult, but somehow it does requires some guts to update your phone using Custom ROMs. I am hopefully that on your side, everything went right and perfect, without experiencing any errors, if you do so, do let us know in the comment section and we shall try our best to respond as quickly as possible. Do not forget to visit us back for Android related stories and Guides.
My desire S is not starting after successfully following your instructions.what shall I do now?
Error you’re getting?? Please explain in details…
My phone is not working ….May I know ur contact no?
Contact HERE or https://www.facebook.com/OfficialAndroidCommunity
Imran,I am not familier with all this sofware
& all.Let me try to explain my problem.
OS of My HTC Desire S was updated 4.0.3 ICS
& tried to upgrade as per ur instraction.
Before follow ur instraction I have followd the stapes of Anonymous which is mentioned in commests.
But after put the command “ fastboot flash boot boot.img”my mobile is not booted & not
Pls help me yaar.
Now your phone is not booting?
No.After press the power button its showing HTC only for whole day…………
Imran,Still I am awaiting for ur responce yeer……….