Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is great Android tablet with good amount of hardware specifications and is not that much expensive! But one thing you wouldn’t like about this is that these kind of devices do not get regular updates from the manufaturer as it currently supports Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, which is the current and latest update it has recieved so far, and there are Android 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 released out there for many Android tablets and Smartphones. Like other people, you probably would like to have the latest Android OS installed on your device but that is not possible (officially), However you can get Root Access and then flash Custom Recovery, to install Custom ROMs on your device, which are based on the latest Android OS features. Follow the step by step custom rom installation tutorial to install CyanogenMod 10.2 on your Galaxy Tab 2.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Use this update file on only Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 (GSM) GT- P5100. Do not try to flash it on another variant it may brick your device.
2. You’ll need to have to root access with Custom Recovery installed. It works fine with both ClockworkMod and TRWP Recovery. You can find the Step by Step Instructions to Root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
3. Before you proceed to Flash Custom ROM, it is highly recommended to Backup your data. You may consider these free Backups Apps for Android.
4. Enable USB Debugging by going to Menu> Settings> Developers Options and enable it.
5. Flashing Custom ROM does takes some time and so it will require good enough battery charge, it is therefore highly recommended to have at least 70% battery charge on your tablet.
6. Warning!! Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
2. Click Here to Download GApps package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build
Step 1. At first connect your tablet to PC and without extracting the downloaded files, transfer it to the internal/external storage of your tablet.
Step 2. When files are successfully transferred, Disconnect your tablet from PC.
Step 3. Now Reboot your tablet into Custom Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Power buttons together for a few seconds and you should see the Custom Recovery Menu on your screen.
Step 4. It is highly recommended that you first take Nandroid Backup, so that in case you’re unable to flash it successfully, you’ll have the option to revert back to your current rom and settings.
CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
Step 5. Hopefully you’ve taken the Nandroid Backup. Now take the following actions to prepare your tablet for new installations:
CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
Step 6. Finally you’re now at a stage to flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 using the Custom Recovery on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1:
CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
Step 7. Once it is completed, use the same procedure to flash the GApps package which will install the Google Apps on your tablet.
Step 8. Now head over to main recovery menu and Reboot your phone.
Congrats!! You’ve now successfully flushed Custom ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, Hopefully things went smooth and without experiencing any errors. Do let us know in the comment section and share your experience with us. For more updates and tutorials, do not forget to visit us back.