Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 was officially released May, 2012 with the Android OS, v2.3 Gingerbread. It is a great Android phone with good features and is available for a reasonable price. Since then a number of updates has officially been released for this phone, like Android 4.0 ICS and now it has officially got the Android Jelly Bean. If you’re still running on ICS, then follow the step by step tutorial to update your Galaxy Ace 2 and enjoy the new and latest features of Jelly Bean.
[quote align=”e.g. center, left, right” color=”#999999″] Only go for this manual tutorial, if you haven’t got the OTA Update Notification on your phone, otherwise, update it through their, or Samsung Kies. [/quote]
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This update guide only works for Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160, do not try to update another device or variant through this, it may brick your phone.
2. Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. Guide works for both Rooted and Non-Rooted Phones. However, you’ll loose Root Access, as this will install the official firmware.
3. If you do have important data or other stuffs on your phone storage, it is highly recommended to Backup it now.
4. Go to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
5. Before proceeding, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
6. You need to install the USB Drivers on your PC.
7. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMG2 Firmware for Galaxy Ace 2.
2. Also Download Odin.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Ace 2 (GT-I8160) to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Using the official Firmware Update
Step 1. First of all, Extract the downloaded files on your desktop, you should get the Odin and an update file in the form of tar.md5.
Step 2. Make sure you’ve already installed the USB Drivers on your PC.
Step 3. Now Run the Odin application and make sure that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are checked and rest leave the default settings.
Step 4. Reboot your phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time and after a few seconds and release them, when you see a warning message on your screen, after that hit the Volume Up key.
Step 5. Next connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable. Here just make sure that your phone is recognized and also notice the ID:COM, it will either turn blue or yellow depending on the version of Odin.
Step 6. Finally you’re now ready to to flash the update:
– Click on the PDA button and Select the tar.md5 file
-Then hit the START Button.
Step 7. At last wait for Odin, when the update is successfully flushed, It will notify you via the PASS!! Message and phone will also automatically reboots.
That’s it folks, It was all you needed to know in order to manually update your Galaxy Ace 2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Do let us know in the comment section, how things went for you? If you do have issues or confused at any step, feel free to contact us for further support. For More Updates and Tutorials, Do not forget to visit us back.