AT&T Galaxy S2 is quite an old Android Smartphone, the latest Android OS, it supports officially is Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean, if you’ve got an old version like Android 4.0.3 or 4.0.4, then you can follow this step by step manual update tutorial to update your phone to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean using the Official Firmware Update.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. The Manual Update tutorial is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S2 (SGH-I777), Check your phone model number in the about phone section, which is located in Settings.
2. Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. Guide is for both Rooted and Unrooted phones, but you’ll loose your Root Access as this is the official firmware update.
3. If you do have important data on your phone, it is recommended that your Backup your data, You may consider these free apps to Backup data on Android.
4. You’ll have to Install Samsung USB Drivers or Samsung Kies in order to successfully update your phone.
5. Also, Before going for the update process, it is highly recommended to check battery status, make sure you’ve got enough battery charge.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk. Note that I myself have tested this update and is working smooth and perfect without any errors or bugs.
1. Click Here to Download the Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean I777ATTMD8 Firmware Update for AT&T Galaxy S2 (SGH-I777).
2. You also need to Download Odin, which will be used to manually flash the update.
Steps to Update AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 to Official Android 4.1.2 Firmware
Step 1. First of extract the downloaded files on your desktop. You will get the Odin and tar.md5 update file.
Step 2. Hopefully you’ve installed the Samsung Kies or USB Drivers on your PC. Now Run the Odin application.
Step 3. Next, Reboot your phone into Download Mode.
– Reboot your phone.
– And Keep holding the Volume Down Key and after a few seconds you should see a warning message on your screen, Just hit the Volume Up key and you’re done.
Step 4. While in Download Mode, Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable. At this stage make sure that your phone is recognized and you should see the ID:COM will either turn blue or yellow depending on the version of Odin you’re using.
Step 5. Once your phone is successfully connected, Now Check that only the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is only checked and leave the default Odin settings.
Step 6. When all the things are ready, Just Click on the PDA button and Select the I777UCMD8_I777ATTMD8_I777UCMD8_HOME.tar.md5 file and then Hit the START Button.
Step 7. Now wait for Odin to successfully flash the Update on your phone, when it gets completed you’ll be notified via the PASS!! Message.
Step 8. During this your phone will automatically reboot.
Remember for the first your phone may take longer to boot and it is normal and nothing to be worried about it. That’s it folks, it was all you needed to know, in order to manually update your AT&T Galaxy S2 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. Hopefully things went successfully and you’ve successfully updated your phone, if somehow you’re confused at any step or need further support, feel free to let us know in the comment section. For Updates and Tutorials, do not forget to visit us back.