Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is Android Smartphone specially designed for those who would like to have big screen phones at affordable price. It is indeed a great phone with great software and hardware specifications. It was officially released back in April,2013 (not quite old one!). As the phone runs the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, you probably would be looking to taste the lasted Android OS and Features, like the KitKat. Well, right now you can not have these officially, However using the Custom ROMs you can have it, but you’ll need to have Root Access and Custom Recovery in order to Flash Custom ROMs on your Galaxy Mega 6.3. Follow this step by step tutorial to first get Root Access.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This root guide is only works for Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9205 and GT-I9200, do not try this tutorial on another device or variant of Galaxy Mega, it will not work and may brick your phone.
2. As usual, Rooting your phone will always voids your phone warranty. You also need to install USB Drivers on your PC, If you’ve installed Samsung Kies that is also ok, but during the Root process, make sure that it is not running in the background.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to phone Settings > General > Developers Options.
4. It will be wise to Backup your important data before you proceed further.
5. Make sure that you have it last 70% battery charge on your device.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk.
1. Download Odin.
2. Click Here to Download Stock kernel for Galaxy Mega 6.3.
Step by Step Guide How to root Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 GT-I9200
Step 1. First of all unzip Odin and run it as Administrator on your PC.
Step 2. Reboot your Galaxy Mega into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time and leave it when you see a warning message and then hit the Volume Up.
Step 3. Now Connect your Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 to Pc Via USB Cable and wait Until Odin recognize it. In Odin check that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset options are only checked and rest leave the default settings.
Step 4. Once recognized, Then click on the PDA Button and select the stock Kernel image file which you’ve downloaded earlier, and when selected, Hit the Start button and wait for Odin to flash it.
Step 5. Finally, When your phone reboots normally, Head over to Google Play Store App on your phone and install SuperSU App.
That’s if folks, Congrats!! You have now successfully got Root Access on your Galaxy Mega 6.3. To check that you have got Rooted, Download the Root checker From Play Store Here and Run it to verify Root Access on your phone. Do let us know in the comment section, How things went for you. For more updates and Android Root Tutorials stay tuned to Android Central.