As we all know Google has officially started the Android 4.4.1 KitKat update for Nexus series and almost many of the users may have received the latest update with improved performance and bugs fixes for camera. We have got a step by step root tutorial for those of you who are currently running the latest update which is Android 4.4.1 KitKat. Rooting is the first step to start flashing the Custom Recoveries, ROMs, kernels and Mods. So what you’re waiting for? Follow the instructions down below and get started to have fun with your Android and explore many new things.
[alert style=”e.g. white, grey, red, yellow, green”] Before doing anything, It is highly recommended that you first read the guidelines section, in order to safely and successfully get Root Access. [/alert]
1. Rooting your phone may void your phone warranty, so think before you ink!!
2. Make sure you’ve already Unlocked Bootloader on your Nexus 5. If not, then Backup the existing data on your device, as it will wipe and erase all data on your phone.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your phone by going to Settings> Developers Options.
4. You also need to Setup Android ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Don’t Know? Learn Here
5. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Root Nexus 5 on Android 4.4.1 KitKat Using the CF-Auto-Root
1. First of all, Download the CF-Auto-Root-hammerhead-hammerhead-nexus5.zip and extract the folder on your desktop.
2. Now Reboot your phone into bootloader/fastboot mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Up+Down+Power buttons altogether at the same time for a few seconds and leave it when just see the fastboot menu on your screen.
4. While in Fastboot mode, connect your Nexus 5 to PC via the USB Cable.
5. Now head over to the extracted folder, there you’ll find 3 files, which are as explained below:
For Windows Users:
– Run root-windows.bat
For Linux Users:
– chmod +x root-linux.sh
– Run root-linux.sh
For Mac Users:
– chmod +x root-mac.sh
– Run root-mac.sh
6. Depending on your operating system, run the exact file and follow the on screen instructions.
That was all folks you needed to learn, Hopefully you’ve successfully got Root Access on your Nexus 5. Share your experience in the comment section and let us know, How the things went up for you. For More Root Tutorials and Updates, Stay tuned to Android Central.