Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 recently received the Android 4.2.2 official OTA update, and probably updates brings many improvements to the overall performance of the device. We recently guide you, How to manually Update Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Definitely if you’ve updated your tablet to official Android 4.2.2 then you would have lost Root access on your device. Follow this tutorial in order to successfully Root and Install Custom Recovery on your tablet. Note that, there are 2 types of Custom Recoveries, CWM and TWRP. You can only install one of these, I have given the download links to both, so download the one you like the most and then down below are instructions, how to flash them through Odin.
1. Warning!! This tutorial is only for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Do not try it on another device.
2. Hopefully your tablet is already running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
3. Enable USB Debugging:
– Go to Menu> Settings > Developers Options.
– If for some reasons you’re unable to see the Developers Options in the Settings then scroll down to About Device and tap the Build Number for about 7 times and it should be enabled.
4. Before proceed for the root process, just check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your tablet.
5. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Odin
2. Click Here Download Root package
3. Click Here Download TWRP Recovery or
4. Click Here Download ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery
Instructions – How to Flash Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) Using Odin
1. Extract the download files on your desktop.
2. Run the Odin application. Make sure in Odin, the ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Reset Time’ are checked and rest leave the default Odin settings.
3. Now, Reboot your tablet into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the ‘Volume Down+Home+Power‘ buttons altogether at the same time and leave them when see a warning message on your screen. Hit the Volume Up button and you’re in Download Mode.
4. As I have stated earlier, You can choose one Custom Recovery, Either CWM or TWRP Recovery.
5. Next, Hit the PDA button in Odin and depending on your choice, Browse and select the Recovery image file and then hit the START Button to confirm your choice and flash it.
6. Just wait and when it gets completed Odin will notify you via the PASS!! Message and your tablet will automatically reboots.
Custom Recovery should have been installed on your tablet, depending on your choice. Now to just make sure that it has been successfully installed do the following things:
– Turn Off your phone.
– Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ Buttons altogether simultaneously for a few seconds and you should the Recovery Options on your screen, which confirms that you’ve successfully installed the Custom Recovery.
So far we have just installed Custom Recovery and you’re still not rooted, so follow the instructions down below to flash the root exploit on your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 using the Custom Recovery.
Instructions – How to Root Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
1. First of all, without extracting the Root Package folder, Move it to your tablet internal or external storage.
2. Next, Reboot your Phone to Custom Recovery Mode as we have done earlier.
3. In the Recovery Options, You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down Buttons to navigate between the Options, while Power button to select any specific option.
4. Now Select the Install or Install zip from Sd Card Option and Browse and select the ROOT_SGT3_8.0.zip, and confirm to flash it.
5. Finally when it gets completed, Reboot your tablet using the Recovery Option, Reboot or Reboot System Now.
That’s it folks, Congratulations!! You’ve now successfully got root access as well as have installed Custom Recovery, Using which, you can easily Flash the Custom ROMs of your choice. Hopefully, If you’ve followed the exact instructions, there is no doubt that you would have completed it successfully and without experiencing any errors. Somehow if you’re still confused or have queries, feel free to leave a comment for further support and we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible. For More Android related stuff and Guides, do not forget to visit us back.