CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds are now available for AT&T Galaxy S3. If you’re really looking forward to taste the latest version of Android OS, which Android 4.4 KitKat, then this is just for you, as CM11 is based on KitKat. You can follow the step by steps installation tutorial to download the Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM for GS3 and Flash it successfully through Custom Recovery. This guide is for both, ClockworkMod or TWRP users.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. The Custom ROM installation tutorial is specifically for AT&T Galaxy S3. Do not try it on another variant of GS3, it may brick your phone.
2. Make sure your phone is already Rooted and latest version of Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP) is installed.
3. Go to Settings tab and scroll down to Developers Options to Enable USB Debugging.
4. It will wipe and erase data stored on your phone memory, therefore you need to Backup your phone contacts, SMS, Photos and Videos.
You May Read – Useful Backup and Restore Apps for Android.
5. Before you proceed for the installation process, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat (CyanogenMod 11) for AT&T Galaxy S3.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.4 KitKat.
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM for AT&T Galaxy S3 Using Custom Recovery
1. Connect your phone to PC and transfer the downloaded files to the root storage of your SD Card. (Do not extract the files)
2. Disconnect your Phone and Reboot it into Custom Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
3. It is highly recommended that you take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that in case, you want to switch back to your current ROM and settings, it will help you to restore back.
4. Now take the following actions to fully prepare your phone for New Custom ROM installations:
– wipe data/factory reset
– wipe cache partition
– Go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache
5. Finally you’re ready to flash the CyanogenMod 11 Nightly ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S3.
– Select the install zip from sdcard> choose zip from sdcard, and select the CyanogenMod 11 zip file and confirm to flash it.
6. CyanogenMod by default does not includes the Google Apps, Use the same method to Flash the GApps package which will ultimately install the Google Apps.
7. When all steps are completed successfully, Go back to main menu and select the Reboot or Reboot System Now option to reboot your phone.
8. Note that, when booting for the first time, it may take longer, up to 5mins, which is normal and is nothing to be worried about it.
That’s it folks, it was all you needed to know in order to successfully flash the Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S3, Hopefully you’ll be now able to update your phone. However, if you do have any queries or need further support, feel free to leave a comment and we’ll try our best to help you. For More Updates, Custom ROMs, and Tutorials do not forget to visit us back.