The last time, Samsung Galaxy S2 got the official update was Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and it was almost a year ago, till so far it has not received any new firmware update officially. We should not forget that it was one of the best Android smartphone of its time but it seems like it is no longer because of the ignorance from the manufacturer’s side. I know many of you would be expecting a new update for your device, but who knows, when that will happen. But no worries, as without official updates, you can update your device to the latest Android OS, without having to worry about the official OTA. However, that is only possible when you’ve got Root Access as well as Custom Recovery, i.e CWM or TWRP. Follow the complete step by step tutorial in order to successfully flash SlimSaber Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM on your Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This Custom ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I1900, keep in mind that you can not install this ROM on any other device.
2. Your must have root access as well as updated Custom Recovery installed (TWRP or ClockworkMod).
3. Do not forget to charge your device t0 at least 70% – 80% is needed for this process.
4. Make sure that you’ve enabled USB debugging on your device by going to Phone Settings> Developers Options.
5. Do not forget to backup all of your data stored on your phone’s internal storage.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download the Slimsaber Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.4 ROMs.
How to Install Android 4.4.2 Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
1. Connect your device to PC via the USB Cable and copy both downloaded files to your device into SD Card.
2. Disconnect your phone from PC and Boot it into Recovery Mode.
-Power Off your phone.
– Press and hold the Volume UP + Home + Power buttons all together for a few seconds, until you see the Recovery Options menu.
4. It is highly recommended to take Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM and Settings, so that if you later want to restore, it will help you.
5. Perform the following task to prepare your device for new installations:
– Format/Wipe Data
– Now then select the “Cache Partition” to delete the existing data
– And also delete the “Dalvik cache” from the advance section.
6. Choose the “install zip from SD card” from Recovery main menu and navigate to the directory, where you’ve placed the zip file. Confirm to flash.
7. Once it is completely flushed, Use the same method to flash GApps package, which will install Google Apps on your phone.
8. Finally when all the steps are completed successfully, head over to main menu and Reboot your phone using the Reboot or Reboot System Now.
Congrats!! Folks, You’ve now successfully updated your Galaxy SII to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the SlimSaber Custom ROM. Hopefully, on other side things went perfect for you, without experiencing any major errors, if you’re still confused or have issues installing the ROM, do let us know in the comment section and we will try our best respond as quickly as possible. For More Updates and Guides, do not forget to visit us back.