CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Builds are now available for Sony Xperia T. Instead of waiting for the official KitKat updates, you can use this guide to Update your Xperia T to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the CM11 and enjoy. Before you proceed for the process, it is important that you read the guidelines, so that you’re able to safely and successfully update your device.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- First of all this update guide is only for Sony Xperia T (LT30p) . Don’t try to update another device using this update file.
- You’ll need to have root access with Custom Recovery Installed. It is compatible with both types of recovery i.e. ClockworkMod or TWRP but make sure you’re using the latest version.
- Perform Backup of your Apps, Data that you may have stored on your phone as this process will wipe everything.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to settings> Developers Options and there you’ll find the option.
- Important point before you start the update process just checks that you’ve got enough battery charge on your device.
- Last but not the least; proceed at your own risk.
How to Update Sony Xperia T (LT30p) to Android 4.4 KitKat Using CyanogenMod 11 Nightly Build
STEP 1. Connect your device to PC via the USB Cable and copy the downloaded files to your SD Card.
STEP 2. Disconnect your phone from PC and Boot it into Recovery Mode:
-Power Off your phone.
– Press and hold the Volume UP + Home + Power buttons all together for a few seconds, until you see the Recovery Options menu.
STEP 3. It is highly recommended to take Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM and Settings, so that if you later want to restore, it will help you.
You May Read – Nandroid Backup – How to Backup and Restore
STEP 4. Perform the following task to prepare your device for new installations:
– Format/Wipe Data
– Now then select the “Cache Partition” to delete the existing data
– And also delete the “Dalvik cache” from the advance section.
STEP 5. Choose the “install zip from SD card” from Recovery main menu and navigate to the directory, where you’ve placed the zip file. Confirm to flash.
STEP 6. Once it is completely flushed, Use the same method to flash GApps package, which will install Google Apps on your phone.
STEP 7. Finally when all the steps are completed successfully, head over to main menu and Reboot your phone using the Reboot or Reboot System Now.
Congrats!! Folks, You’ve now successfully updated your Sony Xperia T to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the Custom ROM. Hopefully, on other side things went perfect for you, without experiencing any major errors, if you’re still confused or have issues installing the ROM, do let us know in the comment section and we will try our best respond as quickly as possible. For More Updates and Guides, do not forget to visit us back.