After the release of Android 4.4 KitKat, CyanogenMod team has released the stable version of Android 4.3 builds. Stable Builds are bugs free and perfect in terms of performance and optimization as compared to the Nightly.Fortunately, it is available for HTC One X and you can flash it, if you’ve already got root access and custom Recovery. Follow the complete step by step tutorial to install it safely and successfully.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Custom ROM installation tutorial is only applicable on HTC One X, do not try to update another device or variant using this update file.
2. You’ll need to have Root Access with Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
3. Before you proceed for the installation, it is highly recommended to Backup your data stored on your phone’s internal storage.
4. Enable USB Debugging from Settings> Developers Options.
5. It will be wise to check your phone battery status, before you start to flash Custom ROM. At least, 60% battery charge is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 stable for HTC One X – endeavoru.
2. Click Here to Download GApps package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update HTC One X to Android 4.3 Using CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable Custom ROM
Step 1. Connect your HTC One X to PC and transfer the downloaded files (CyanogenMod 10.2 and GApps) to the internal/external storage. Do not extract the files.
– Disconnect your phone from PC.
Step 3. Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Power buttons together for a few seconds and you should see the Recovery Options on your screen.
Step 4. I always recommends that you should take Nandroid Backup, so that in case you’re unable to flash it successfully, you’ll have the option to revert back to your current rom and settings.
CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
Step 5. Next, take the following actions to prepare your phone for new installations:
CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
Step 6. Finally you can now flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 using the Custom Recovery:
CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
Step 7. Once it is completed, use the same method to flash GApps package which will install the Google Apps.
Step 8. Now head over to main recovery menu and Reboot your phone.
Congrats!! You’ve successfully updated your HTC One X to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable Build. Hopefully things went smooth and without experiencing any major issues during the installations. If in any case, you’re still having issues or queries, feel free to ask for further support in the comment section and share your experience with us. As far as the performance of the ROM is concerned, it is stable and there is no chance of bugs. For More Updates and Guides do not forget to visit us back.