Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 was officially released in April, 2012 with Ice Cream Sandwich but then later it was upgraded to Android 4.1.1 and now recently it has got the Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OTA update and by now in most of the world, users would have got the update. Galaxy Tab 2 is also included in the list to be updated to KitKat but I am not exactly sure, when they going to release it, However currently the Android 4.2.2 Firmware XWDMI1 is the latest Android OS available. If you’re experiencing any issues with updating your tablet via OTA Update or Samsung Kies, then follow the step by step instructions to manually update your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
Requirements and Guidelines:
[alert style=”e.g. white, grey, red, yellow, green”] We highly recommends you to thoroughly read the guidelines and implement it before you move on to update your tablet . [/alert]
1. This Manual update tutorial is only applicable on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (3G + WiFi) GT-P3100. Do not try to update another variant using this update file, otherwise you may brick your tablet.
2. Before proceeding, make sure that your phone is factory unlocked. Update is also compatible with Rooted phone, but apparently you’ll loose root access.
3. Also Backup your data. You may consider these Backups Apps for Android Tablets.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your tablet by going to Settings> Developers Options.
5. Double check that you’ve got enough battery charge to update your phone, at least 60% charge is recommended.
6. Also check that you’ve already installed USB Drivers or Samsung Kies on your PC.
7. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware XWDMI1 Update for Galaxy Tab 2 7.o (GT-P3100)
2. Also Download Odin V3.07.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (GT-P3100) to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Using the Official XWDMI1 Firmware
[alert style=”e.g. white, grey, red, yellow, green”] If you’ve installed Samsung Kies or Anti-virus, During the update process, make sure that they are not running in the Background. [/alert]
Step 1. First of all, Extract the downloaded files on your desktop. You’ll mostly to find the Odin and tar.md5 update file.
Step 2. Run Odin.exe on your PC.
Step 3. Reboot your phone into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Power Buttons simultaneously for a few seconds and leave it when you just see a warning message on your screen. Then just hit the Volume Up key and you’re in download mode.
Step 4. Now Connect your tablet to PC via the USB Cable and make sure that Odin has recognize your device.
Step 5. In Odin, Only check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and rest leave the default settings.
Step 6. When all the things are ready, hit the PDA button and select the tar.md5 update file and then Click on the START button to flash the firmware update on your Galaxy Tab 2.
Step 7. Wait for Odin, it can take up to 2 minutes and when it is successfully done, it will notify you via the PASS!! message and your tablet automatically reboot.
Step 8. When booting for the first time, it will take some time to boot normally. Hurray!! You have successfully updated your tablet to latest Android OS.
That’s it folks, By following the exact step by step instructions, I hope that you would have successfully updated your Galaxy Tab 2 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Do let us know in the comment section about the new features that you’ve experienced. It was an easy update tutorial in the end, However, if you’re still confused or have issues feel free to ask for further support. For More Updates and Tutorials, Do not forget to visit us back.