Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P3100 running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean can be easily rooted using the CF-Root package released by chainfire. This step by step tutorial will help you to safely and successfully root your device easily. Root will definitely allows you to flash custom recoveries and custom roms. Before you do anything, it is highly recommended that you read, follow and fulfill the below guidelines and requirements, if you really wanna to be on a safer side.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This guide is only for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5100 Running Android 4.1.2 UBDMD1.
2. Rooting your tablet will void its warranty.
3. Though Rooting does not wipe data on your device, but then it is recommended to Backup your data.
4. Make sure that you’ve already installed the USB Drivers on your PC. If you’ve already installed Samsung Kies then that is ok but during the root process, make sure it is not running in the background.
5. Before proceeding, check that you’ve got good enough battery charge on your tablet.
6. Warning!! Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CF-Root package for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 .
2. Click Here to Download Odin.
How to Root Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
Step 1. First of all, extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
Step 2. Run Odin Application.
Step 3. Reboot your phone into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on the screen. After that just hit the Volume Up button.
Step 4. Once you successfully boot into download mode, Connect your tablet to PC via the USB Cable.
Step 5. In Odin make sure that your device is recognized, the ID:COM port will turn yellow and you should see Added!! in the message section.
Step 6. Finally, Hit the PDA button in Odin and Select the CF-Auto-Root-espresso10rf-espresso10rfxx-gtp5100.tar.md5 file and hit the START button.
Step 7. Wait for Odin to flash the CF-Root exploit on your tablet, once it is completed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! Message and your phone will automatically reboot.
Step 8. Congrats!! You’ve successfully Rooted your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. Now to go to Google Play Store and install the Root Checker App to verify Root Access. SuperSU app should also be installed, check it in the apps section.
That’s it folks, it was all you needed to learn in order to safely and successfully get Root Access on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. So what’s next? Well, this is just the beginning!! You can look further for Custom Recovery, i.e ClockworkMod or TWRP, which will help you to flash Custom ROM on your tablet. After all, it was an easy tutorial, But then if you do have issues or queries, do let us know in the comment section for further support. Do not forget to visit us back for more Guides and Tutorials.