Root Tutorial for Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. Follow the complete step by step instructions below to Root and Install CWM Recovery on your SGA3 to get ready for installing Custom ROMs.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Tutorial is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 Model Number GT-S7270 and 7272. Do not try it on another variant.
- Rooting your device will definitely voids your phone warranty, so think before you ink.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
- Rooting your Android phone does not wipe or erases data on your device, but it is a good habit to Backup your data stored on your phone before you go for Rooting or installing Custom ROMs.
- Before proceeding for the root process, it is highly recommended to check your battery status.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
Steps to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7270 and GT-S7272
STEP 1 – First you need to Download the Rooting Package for Galaxy Ace 3. [Direct Link]
The Download File contains the following:
- Nrecovery (Non-Touch ClockworkMod Recovery)
- Odin_v3.07 (Odin will be used to Flash the Custom Recovery image)
- Trecovery (Tocuh ClockworkMod Recovery)
- USB_Driver_22.214.171.124 (USB Drivers for Galaxy Ace 3, if you haven’t already installed on your PC, install it)
STEP 2 – There are 2 types of Custom Recovery images included in the package (Nrecovery and Trecovery), and you can only flash one, so choose the one suitable for your needs.
STEP 3 – Launch Odin on your PC.
STEP 4 – Reboot your Galaxy Ace 3 into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power Buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen. After just hit the Volume Up and you’re done.
STEP 5 – While in Download Mode, Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable. At this point make sure that Odin has recognized your device, otherwise, try changing the USB ports or reinstall the drivers.
STEP 6 – Next, Hit the PDA button in Odin and select recovery.img file from one of the following:
– Either from Nrecovery or Trecovery (As I said earlier, you can only flash one type of recovery)
– After selecting the image file, Click on the START button and wait for Odin to show you the Pass Message and during this your phone will automatically reboots.
Congrats!! So far you’ve successfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery, Now Follow the below steps to install gain Root access using the Recovery.
Rooting Galaxy Ace Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 GT-S7270 and GT-S7272
STEP 1 – Copy the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip file to the root storage of your internal/external sd card.
STEP 2 – Reboot your phone into Recovery Mode:
– Power Off your device.
– Press and Hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons together for a few seconds until you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
STEP 3 – Use the Volume Up/Down to navigate between options and Power button to select specific option.
STEP 4- Select install zip from sdcard, select choose zip from sdcard, and navigate to the directory where you’ve placed the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.41.zip and Confirm to Flash.
STEP 5 – When the process is completed successfully, go back to main menu and Select the option, Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
That’s it folks, You’ve now successfully gain root access with CWM Recovery installed on your Galaxy Ace 3. You can install Custom ROMs on your phone. Hopefully things went smooth for you, without experiencing any errors, if so let us know in the comment section for further support. For more updates and tutorials do not forget to visit us back.
how to unroot samsung galaxy ace 3 ?? please answer!
to unroot manually uninstall supersu or superuser, then with root explorer open /system/xbin/ remove all file in this directory. reboot your phone. now your phone will be un root
My ace 3 comes up with a reset message constantly, help?