After the release of Android 4.4 KitKat, The CyanogenMod team has started work on CM11 and they have also officially released the stable version of CyanogenMod 10.2, which is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, These ROMs are just perfect, almost bugs free and highly customized and optimized to give your phone high and blazing fast and good user experience. If you want to update your HTC Droid DNA, then you’re at the right time and perfect place to safely and successfully update it to Android 4.3 using the CyanogenMod Custom Build. So, what you’re waiting for? Follow the instructions below to get started.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
[alert style=”e.g. white, grey, red, yellow, green”] We highly recommends you to first read the guidelines and requirements carefully and then decide to install the Custom ROM on your Phone. [/alert]
1. To make it clear, this update guide is only for HTC Droid DNA, Do not try to flash these files on another variant or phone, it may brick your phone.
2. You’ll need to have Rooted and also Custom Recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP must be installed.
3. It is highly recommended to Backup your data as well as take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM using the Recovery. Don’t know? Learn Here.
4. From now on head over to Settings> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
5. Before moving for the procedure, double check that you’ve got good enough battery charge on your phone.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Stable Custom ROM build for HTC Droid DNA.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update HTC Droid DNA to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the Stable CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build
1. Connect your Phone to PC and move the downloaded files to the root storage of your of your external storage.
– Disconnect the phone from PC.
2. Now Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode (CWM or TWRP):
– Switch Off your phone.
– Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons together for a few seconds and you should see the Recovery Menu.
3. As I have explained earlier, that you need to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that if in case you want to go back to the your current settings and ROM, this will help you. Hopefully you’ve taken the Nandroid Backup!!
4. Take the following actions in order to prepare your HTC Droid DNA for Custom ROM installations:
– Select Wipe data/Factory Reset
– Then Wipe Cache Partition
– Select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
5. Finally you and your phone is now ready to be updated to Android 4.3 using the stable CyanogenMod 10.2 Build:
– From the main Recovery options select the ‘Install‘ or ‘Install Zip from Sd card‘
– Then browse and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 update file and confirm to flash.
– Once it is completely flushed, Use the same method and browse the GApps file and Flash it, which will install the Google Apps on your phone.
6. When all the steps are completed successfully, go back to main menu and Select the Reboot or Reboot system now to Reboot your phone.
That’s all folks!! Enjoy the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. When booting for the first time, your phone may take longer and it is just normal and there is no need to worry about it. If you do have any issues or confused at any step, feel free to leave a comment for further support. At last, Do not forget to visit us for more Tips, Apps Reviews and Update Tutorials.