WhatsApp is a great innovative Messaging Apps which lets you send and receive messages, pictures, audio notes, and video messages through 3G or WiFi. It is a popular messenger app these days and has about +200 Millions active users, which is I believe more than the currently active users on Twitter. The best thing is that it is a cross platform, which means you can use on almost all kind of Smartphones, whether it be Android, iOS or Windows. It has really attracted a number of fans/users in just short span of time and is still getting improvements to give you the best user experience for free.
Probably on most occasions, you may want change your phone or install Firmware Update or Custom ROM, then it that case, you’re most likely to loose all your WhatsApp user data, which contains all your messages. No worries Android Buddies, WhatsApp has added a good feature, using which you can easily Backup your user data, so that you can restore it on another phone. The process of backup and restore is really simpler, just follow the below step by step instructions.
How to Backup Messages on WhatsApp?
1. First of all, head over to the app section on your phone and launch the WhatsApp.
2. Next, tap on the menu icon and then Settings.
3. There you should find the Chat Settings tab.
4. Further, look for the Backup Conversation option and tap it.
5. That’s it, You’ve just Backup your previous conversation data.
Now as you’ve the Backup file you can easily make another copy of it and save it on your PC so that in case you loose data on your phone, you’ll be able to Restore it. You’ve just learn, How to Backup, Now follow the down below instructions, to Restore the Backup messages.
How to Restore the Backup Messages on WhatsApp?
Restoring Messages process is almost similar and simpler but there are additional things you need to take care of.
1. First of all make sure that currently WhatsApp is not installed on your phone.
2. Next, Copy the Backup file you’ve just taken before to your SD Card or internal storage.
3. Finally install the WhatsApp on your phone, during the installation process, it will ask, if you would like to restore your messages history from backup?
4. Just tap the Yes and you should be good to go.
5. Congrats! You’ve just restored your previous conversation user data!!
That’s it folks, How easy it was to do the Backup and Restore it! Hopefully you’ve got it, do let us know and share your views in the comment section. For More Guides and Howto’s and Tips on Android do not forget to visit us back.
Nice article. Or use a pc program called Backuptrans Android WhatsApp Transfer to manage your whatsapp chats on pc. It will save and merge chat messages when backup and restore. No whatsapp data lose.