Now you even don’t have to wait for the Official OTA Update and nor does your Support the latest Android OS but You can have and taste the latest Android 4.4 KitKat features and launcher on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Using the ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 Model SGH-T989 can be updated to Android 4.4 using the ParanoidAndroid Custom ROMs. There are a number of Android 4.4 Custom ROMs available some are still unofficial, but then you can give them a try to experience the latest version of Android on your low hand device. In this regard, I really appreciate the work of many Android Developers, specially from XDA Developers Community, who developed Custom ROMs for low-end Android Smartphones, which does not officially receive the OTA Updates due to the hardware limitations, but thanks to the developers work, through which you can easily update your phone and can use and experience the new version of Android using the highly customized and optimized custom ROMs.
Today, I will guide you using the step by step Custom ROM installation tutorial to update your Galaxy S2 (SGH-T989). In order to successfully update your GS2 you need to fulfil and follow the guidelines and prerequsites. Also Do not skip any step in the tutorial.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This guide is specifically for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2. Do not try to update another variant of Galaxy S2 using these files.
2. You’ll need to have Rooted Galaxy S2 with Custom Recovery Installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
3. When Rooting or making any custom changes to your Android OS, I always highly recommends to Backup your entire phone data, otherwise you’ll end up loosing your important data.
– Using the Custom Recovery take Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM and Settings.
– Nandroid Backup will help you to Restore back to your existing ROM if for some reason you’re not happy with new ROM features.
You May Also Read: How to take Nandroid Backup on Android Phone?
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2:
– Go to Menu
– Developers Options
5. As it can time during the installations process, so you’ll need to have enough battery charge on your phone also so that during update your phone does not shutdown. Therefore make sure you’ve got at least 80% battery charged.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download ParanoidAndroid 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM for T-Mobile Galaxy S2.
2. Click Here to Download to GApps (Google Apps) package for Android 4.4 Custom ROMs.
How to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S2 to Android 4.4 KitKat Using ParanoidAndroid
1. First of all connect your GS2 to PC via the USB Cable and without extracting the zip files, transfer it to the root storage of your Micro SD Card.
2. When files are transferred successfully, disconnect your phone from PC.
3. Now Reboot your phone into Custom Recovery Mode:
– Turn Off your GS2.
– Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons altogether for a few seconds keep holding it till you see the Recovery Options menu on your screen.
4. As I have stated earlier, you need to take Nandroid Backup and also make you aware of its importance, so here I assume you’ve already taken the Nandroid Backup if not then do it now.
5. Using the Recovery Options take the following actions to prepare your Galaxy S2 for Custom ROM installations:
– Wipe data Factory Reset
– Wipe Cache Partition
– Further Navigate to Advance and Wipe Dalvick Cache
6. Finally you’re now ready to flash the ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2:
– Select the ‘Install’ or ‘install zip from SD card’ and choose the ParanoidAndroid Zip package from the SD Card storage directory.
– And Confirm to flash it.
7. Custom ROMs by defualt do not comes with pre installed Google Apps like Google Play Store, Google Search and so on, so you need to also flash the GApps zip package using the same method as you did in the Step 6.
8. Once the GApps zip package is successfully flushed, naviagate back to main menu and Reboot your phone using the Custom Recovery Options. Your phone may take more time than normal but its ok and nothing to be worried about it.
That’s it folks!! All you need to do in order to have Android 4.4 KitKat on your T-Mobile Galaxy S2. Now Enjoy and taste the choclatey Android 4.4 and do let us know in the comment section about your experience and ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM. For More Updates and Tutorials do not forget to visit us Back and also do not forget sharing is caring 😛