Android 4.4 KitKat is now getting released for more devices. Yesterday, HTC One and Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Play Editions officially got Android 4.4 KitKat Update. Definitely it will be available through OTA and we all know that, it can not be released for all devices simultaneously, some devices get early and sometimes it can be become really late, so users always want to get as soon as possible, so we’ve got the Android 4.4 KitKat OTA Update zip package which is obviously for the HTC One GPe. If you still haven’t got the OTA Update Notification on your phone, then don’t worry! Follow this step by step manual update tutorial, to Flash Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One phone using the Stock Recovery.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This Update Tutorial is only for HTC One Google Play Edition. Do not try to update another variant of HTC One through this method, it will definitely not work and may brick your device!!
2. Make sure your phone is factory unlocked. Also you must be stock, unrooted, and running the stock recovery.
3. We will flash the update file through the stock recovery and do not forget to Backup your data on phone memory.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Developers Options.
5. When proceeding, check your phone battery status, make sure you’ve got enough battery on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
6. Although the update is official but then you gotta be very careful and proceed at your own risk. Do not skip any step as stated in the tutorial, if you really want to be on a safer side.
How to Manually Update HTC One Google Play Edition to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the Official Update
1.First of all, Click Here to Download the Android 4.4 KitKat Official Firmware Update file for HTC One GPE.
2. Once download the zip file, Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable and Move the downloaded file to the root directory of your internal storage or external SD Card.
3. After the update file is successfully moved to phone, disconnect your phone from pc.
4. Now Reboot your HTC One to Bootloader Mode:
– Switch Off your phone.
– Now Press and Hold the Volume Down+Power buttons together for 10 seconds, till you see the bootloader menu on your screen.
– Use the Volume Up/Down to navigate between options and Power to select specific option.
5. Now highlight the Recovery, and select it using the power button.
6. Next, select the ‘install zip from sd card’ and browse the update file from the location you’ve placed the update file.
7. Confirm the flash of update file and wait for, when it gets completed.
8. Finally using the recovery options, Reboot your phone.
That’s it and you’re updated to Android 4.4 KitKat on your HTC One Manually. Hopefully this has worked for you and do not forget to let us know in the comment section and share your experience with us. If you really need further support, have queries or confused at any step, feel free to let us know and we’ll try our best respond as quickly as possible. For More Updates, Tutorials and Apps Reviews, Stay Tuned to Android Central.