Last week Galaxy Star PRO GT-S7262 recieved the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMK2 Firmware Update. Galaxy Star Pro was officially released in October with Android 4.1.2, However the new firmware XXUAMK2 Firmware is released through OTA in India, Srilanka and Bangladesh. A number of improvements have been made in the new update in terms of performance, increased stability and some minor changes in UI. If you’re still waiting for the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
As it always happens most of you probably would have not recived the OTA notifications on your phone and it might takes a few more weeks in order to be released for your specific region. If you want to manually update your Galaxy Star Pro to Official Android 4.1.2 latest firmware update then follow the step by step instructions down below to update it.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. First of all, Use this guide for only Galaxy Star Pro (GT-S7262).
2. The Update is official and shall not void your phone warranty. You can also use it to update your rooted device, but you’ll definitely loose root access.
3. Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy Star from Settings->Developers Options.
5. Before proceeding make sure you have got enough battery charge.
6. Use this tutorial at your own risk. Although it is official update but then be careful and follow the step by step instructions and do not skip any step.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMK2 Firmware Update for Galaxy Star Pro.
2. Click Here to Download Odin.
3. Click Here to Download USB Drivers for your PC, if you haven’t already installed.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Star PRO to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMK2 Firmware
1. First extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
2. Now Reboot your Galaxy Star into Download Mode:
– Turn Off your phone.
– Now Press and Hold the Volume Down+Home+Power keys all together at the same time for a few seconds.
– Once you see the warning message, then just hit the Volume Up key and you’re done.
3. Next, Run the Odin application on your PC.
4. While in Download Mode, Connect your Galaxy Star to PC via the USB Cable and make sure you’ve successfully installed USB Drivers for your phone on PC.
– Check that Odin has recognized your device. and the ID:COM port will either turn blue or yellow and you should also see an Added!! in the message section.
6. Also chek that the ‘Auto Reboot‘ and ‘F. Rest Time‘ and rest leave the default Odin settings.
7. At last you’re ready to flash the update on your Galaxy Strar Pro:
– Head over to Odin and click on the PDA button and browse the Android 4.1.2 Firmware update file.
– After selecting the correct file (tar.md5) then hit START button and wait.
8. Finally you need to wait for Odin to completely flash the update file. As it completes, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! Message and your Galaxy Star Pro should automatically reboots.
That’s it folks, Your Galaxy Star should now be running on Android 4.1.2 XXUAMK2 Firmware, with the latest features, faster user experience, stability and above all bugs fixes. Hopefully on the other side of the mirror, things went smooth and perfect for you, without experiencing any further issues. Do let us know in the comment section about your experience and feel free to contact us if you need further assistance, we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible. For More, Android Apps, Updates and Tutorials do not forget to visit us back.