Samsung recently released the Official Android 4.3 Update for Galaxy S4 via OTA. The new firmware updates brings many bug fixes and improves the overall performance of your device. So far the release has been received in many regions and if for some reasons you were unable to update via the OTA, then don’t worry there is always an alternative to update your phone manually. Follow the below step by step update tutorial, to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean I9505XXUEMJ7 firmware.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Manual Update installation instructions are only meant for Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. Do not try to flash these files on another variant of GS4 or another Samsung phone.
2. Note that this is the official Firmware and is compatible with both Rooted and Non-Rooted devices. Probably you’ll lost your root access, but don’t worry, we’ll later post the root method. But it will install the new fresh and Stock Android OS on your Galaxy S4.
3. Make sure your Galaxy S4 is factory unlocked.
4. Backup your phone data, as it will erase and wipe everything on your phone memory.
5. Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S4 by going to Menu->Settings->and Look for Developers options, there you’ll find USB Debugging.
6. Make sure you’ve already install the USB Drivers on your PC. If you’ve installed Samsung Kies, then there is no need to download and install the Samsung USB Drivers. (Download Link is given below)
7. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk. Note that this is the official 4.3 Jelly Bean Update for Samsung Galaxy S4 and will not void your phone warranty.
1. Click Here to Download the Official Firmware I9505XXUEMJ7 Update for Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505).
2. Click Here to Download the Odin V3. 07.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers. (Note that if you’ve already installed the Samsung Kies on your PC or drivers then there is no need to download this file).
How to Manually Update Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using the Official Firmware Update
1. I assume that by now you should have successfully installed USB Drivers on your PC. After then extract the Odin and the firmware update zip files on your desktop, you’ve downloaded earlier.
2. Run Odin and at first make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked and leave the rest as default.
3. Now Switch Off your Galaxy S4 and Reboot it into Download Mode by Holding and Pressing the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together, keep holding it till you see a warning message on your screen, after then hit the Volume Up button and you’re in download mode.
4. Now in Download Mode, Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable. At this point, make sure Odin has recognized your phone. You’ll see an Added!! in the message section and the ID:COM will either turn blue or yellow.
5. You’re almost done now, Just hit the PDA Button and Select the Firmware update file from the extracted folder. Once you select the file then hit the START Button to flash the Official Android 4.3 Firmware update on your Galaxy S4.
6. Now just have patience, it can take up to 5 minutes depending on your device and PC, once it gets completed, Odin will notify you using the PASS!! Message and during this your phone will automatically reboots.
That’s all folks you need to do in order to safely and successfully Update your Galaxy S4 to Official Android 4.3 Firmware update. By now you should have learned, How to Manually Update Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and hoping that on the back side, everything went up smooth and perfect. Let us know in the comment section, if you further need any help and support. For more Tutorials and Updates do not forget to visit us and subscribe and follow us at Facebook and Twitter.
I installed I9505XXUEMJ5 using Odin 3.7 and was wanting to know if i could install JB 4.3 I9505ZHUEMJ7 my device is unlocked and was shiped from Hong Kong
Daniel Yes you can do it the same way..
Thank you very much.
You’re always welcome for such things 🙂
My device i9505 was locked to tmobile and unlock by galaxsimunlock it works on 4.2.2 will it get locked after update?
my s4 i9505 is from ireland but its openline, im in the philippines is it safe to flash 4.3 I9505XXUEMKE thats from philippines region.thanks
Yes you can! Its working perfect.
how sure i cannot break my device? my latest firmware is 4.2.2 i9505xxuamdi/csc:i9505tsiamd8. its from ireland region
C’mon man its not a big deal, I have been doing it and it works perfectly, just follow the exact instructions and you’re good to go.
so which region of firmwares is the best to flash for my s4? thanks
hi, im living in sri lanka, i got a galaxy s4 I9505 is from france (I9505XXUEMKF) & LTE network selection is hidden. If i update to this I9505XXUEMJ7 firmware is LTE works?
hi i m form pakistan i m having galaxy s4 i9505 and running 4.3 android i want to update it to 4.4.2 can u please give me the firmware link? and is there any problem in updating it?
I don’t think so! Currently it is the most stable version of Android OS. Link has been sent to you from our official facebook page.