Recently the Google Play Editions of HTC One and Galaxy S4 got the Android 4.4 KitKat Update, If you’re here, probably you might have not got the OTA Update Notification on your device and that’s is sad part of the story 😛 Yeah, Off course this is the way, Google officially releases the OTA Updates for its clients, Not everyone will get the update simultaneously, but it is slowly and gradually released randomly for all devices and who knows! if you’re the last one on the update queue? Then Don’t worry folks, we are here to guide you and help you to update your phone to Android 4.4 KitKat as soon as possible 🙂 Follow the step by step update tutorial to manually update your Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition to Official Android 4.4 Using the Stock Recovery.
Make sure you follow the guidelines and fulfill the requirements before you start updating your device, do not skip any step as stated in the tutorial.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. This Guide is specifically for Galaxy S4 GPe. Do not try to update other variants of GS4 using this method, it will not work and the chances are that you may end up with bricking your phone!!
2. Note that you need to have factory unlocked Galaxy S4 phone and make sure you are on stock, unrooted, and running the stock recovery.
3. Backup your important if you really do have on your phone memory.
4. On your phone navigate to Menu>Settings>Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
5. Another important step, Before starting the update process, double check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone, otherwise you may get into another trouble!!
6. The Update is official but then you have be very careful and proceed at your own risk.
How to Manually Update Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition to Official Android 4.4 KitKat Update
1.First of all, Click Here to Download the Android 4.4 KitKat Official Firmware Update file for Galaxy S4 Google Play Edition. (If you do have problem with downloading? Let me know)
2. When download gets complete, then without extracting the zip file, Connect your GS4 to PC via the USB Cable and transfer the update file to the root directory of your internal storage.
3. Next, Disconnect your phone from PC.
4. Reboot your Phone to Stock Recovery Mode:
– Switch Off your phone.
– Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons together for a few seconds, till you see the Recovery options on your screen.
– You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down buttons to navigate between options and Power to select your desired option.
5. Next, select the ‘install zip from sd card’ and browse the update file from the root storage of your internal storage.
6. Finally confirm it and wait till the update is completely flushed on your phone.
8. At last when all the steps are successfully done, then using the recovery options, Reboot your phone and you’re done.
That’s it folks, It was the easiest way to manually update your Galaxy S4 GPe to Official Android 4.4 KitKat Using the Stock Recovery, If you for some reasons, you’re still unable to get the OTA Update Notification your phone. Hopefully this has worked for you and you’re running the latest Android OS on your GS4, Do let us know in the comment section about the tasty and chocolatey Android 4.4. Feel free to ask in the comment section, if you really need further support, have queries or confused at any step, we’ll try our best to respond as quickly as possible. For More Tutorials and Android Updates, Do not forget to visit us back. Enjoy!