Last week, Samsung officially released the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update LUBUBMK2 for Galaxy Grand (GT-I9080L). It was officially released back in december 2012 with Android 4.1.2 OS and it can be now considered as a mojor update with fixes for bugs and definitely improvements to battery life, there also other various updates which will probably improves the overall performance of your phone. The official OTA Update is so far recived in Argentina, and for others, I can only say, wait for the official OTA Notification or follow the step by step instructions, to manually update your Galaxy Grand to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. This update tutorial and update files are specifically for Galaxy Grand GT-I9080L. Do not try to flash these files on another variant of Galaxy Grand. Flashing the wrong files may brick your device.
2. Be sure that your phone is factory unlocked.
3. Update is for both Rooted and Stock phones, however if you’ve already got root access, you’ll lose root access, as it is the offiical update. Don’t worry we’ll soon post a root tutorial.
4. Also you need to Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Developers Options.
5. Updating does requires some time, so you need to have enough battery charge on your phone, in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the update process.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean LUBUBMK2 Firmware update zip package for Galaxy Grand.
2. Click Here to Download Odin, which will be used to flash the update on your phone.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for PC.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Grand (GT-I9080L) to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean LUBUBMK2 Firmware
1. First of all make sure you’ve successfully installed USB Drivers for your phone on PC.
2. Now extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
3. Then, Run the Odin application.
4. Next, Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
– First Swtich Off your phone.
– Then Press and Hold the ‘Volume Down+Home+Power’ buttons together for a few seconds, till you see a warning message on your screen.
– Now just hit the Volume Up key and that’s it, you’re in download mode.
5. While in download mode, connect your device to PC via the USB Cable and make sure Odin recognizes your phone. The ID:COM will either turn blue or yellow and you should also see an Added!! in the message section.
6. Another important step you need to take care of is that, only check the ‘Auto Reboot‘ and ‘F. Rest Time‘ and rest leave the default Odin settings.
7. Finally you’re ready to flash the update on your phone:
– Hit the PDA button and browse the Android 4.2.2 Firmware update file.
– Then Just hit the START button and wait for Odin.
8. At last, have patience and just wait for Odin to completely flash the update file. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! Message and your Galaxy Grand should automatically reboots. After normal reboot your Galaxy Grand should running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
That’s it folks, How easy it was to manually update your phone to official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Hopefully you’ve learned and successfully updated your Galaxy Grand, you should now running Android 4.2.2 LUBUBMK2 Firmware. For more Updates, News and Root Tutorials do not forget to visit us back.