Almost a week ago, Samsung Officially released the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMK4 Firmware Update for Galaxy Note 2. We also recently posted, @ Galaxy Note 2 recieved Android 4.3 OTA Update was officially released in India and China region. Hopefully in the coming weeks other regions may also gets the latest update. It is one of the major updates with so many improvements, bugs fixes, stability and other additional features are also added. However if for some reasons you’re unable to update your GN2 via the OTA then follow the step by step instructions down below to Manually Update your Galaxy Note 2.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. This update guide is only meant for Galaxy Note 2 model number GT-N7100. Do not try to update another variant of GN2 using this update.
2. Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
3. You can also use it to update your rooted GN2 but ultimately you’ll loose root access, as it will install the official firmware.
4. Enable USB Debugging from Settings – Developers Options.
5. You need to have at least 70% battery charge on your phone in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the update installation process.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMK4 Firmware for Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
2. Click Here to Download Odin, which will be used to manually flash the update.
3. Click Here to Download USB Drivers for PC, if you already have not installed the Samsung Kies or Drivers on your PC.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 to Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Still haven’t got the OTA Update Notification on your Phone? Don’t Worry Follow the Step by Step Instructions, to Manually Update your Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 JB Update and Enjoy 🙂
1. First of all extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
2. Now Reboot your Galaxy Note into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power keys all together at the same time for a few seconds until you see a warning message on your screen. Then just hit the Volume Up Key and you’re done.
3. Run the Odin application on your PC and make sure that only the ‘Auto Reboot‘ and ‘F. Reset Time‘ are only checked and leave the default settings.
4. Now Connect your GN2 to PC via the USB Cable and make sure that Odin recognizes your device:
– Check that Odin has recognized your device. and the ID:COM port will either turn blue or yellow and you should also see an Added!! in the message section.
7. Finally your GN2 is now ready to flash the update:
– Head over to Odin and click on the PDA button and browse the Android 4.3 XXUEMK4 Firmware update file.
– After selecting the update file (tar.md5) then hit START button and wait.
8. Finally you need to wait for Odin to completely flash the update file. As it completes, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! Message and your Galaxy Note 2 should automatically reboots at this moment.
That’s it folks, it is the only and easiest way to manually update your Galaxy Note 2 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, if you’re unable to get the OTA Update Notification on your phone. Hopefully it has worked for you and your Galaxy Note 2 is now running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUEMK4 Firmware. If you do have queries or confused at any step, feel free to ask in the comment section for further support. For More Android News, Updates and Tutorials do not forget to visit us back.